Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Vidiian Phage (Minor $$$)

Author Topic: The Vidiian Phage (Minor $$$)
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case anyone is interested, or missed it, the Think Tank apparently cured the Vidiian Phage a while ago. According to George, I mean, the alien guy, "you'd hardly recognize them now"... Good continuity as well as answering some unanswered questions. =]

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Sirmaniac
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was very pleased to hear this tidbit as well. I always hoped Voyager or someone would find a cure? I guess I'd forgotten about it, but the writers remembered. Score one for them.
IP: Logged
Sirmaniac
Ex-Member

I have no idea why there is a question mark after cure.
LB4747
Ex-Member

While I'm glad they closed that plot thread, I was hoping we would get to see the Vidiians one more time. They were one of the best alien races created in recent years (perhaps the best aliens we've seen on Voyager other than 8472). I really think the Vidiians were a missed opportunity during those first couple of seasons.

Anyway, kudos to the writers for at least remembering them.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"The first step to a successful revolution
is destroying all competing revolutionaries."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked the Vidiians. Of course, although the Vidiians are cured, they still have quite a reputation. Time to move all their resources from medicine to PR!

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only seen one Viidian episode, Deadlock, unless you include the oen with the Vidiian scientist who falls in love with the Doc. They seem pretty cool, though.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the payment for curing Vidiian phange anyways?
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They didn't say...

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was one of the few they didn't mention the payment for, either...

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps