Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The deconstruction of falling styrofoam ($-Relativity)

Author Topic: The deconstruction of falling styrofoam ($-Relativity)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough* Kazon returing *cough*

A detailed, if badly-written synopis.
http://trekweb.com/cool/Voyager/missions/218.html

Ought to be very interesting. We get to finally see Utopia Planitia (wasn't VGR built at McKinley?) Plus the return of Braxton and Carey, the latter only in the past. (Maybe he is dead)

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually like these wacky time-related episodes as long as they don't happen too often. We'll see...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Robot: "Hey, I'm stuck up here!"
Cyclonus: "Everybody's got to be somewhere."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good. Too bad there aren't any Krenim.

*Begin Lousy Princess Leia Impression*

Help me, "11:59!" You're my only hope!

*End Lousy Princess Leia Impression*

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No more Kazon!

Bring on the twenty-ninth century! Bring on the Krenim! But no more Kazon!

*is worried about Krenim...*

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*pulls out his trusty soapbox*

Now there are those of us who found the Kazon obnoxious two-bit one-dimensional cheap Klingon imitation villains. I beg to differ... well just a little bit.

Personally I found the Kazon to be a nifty new sort of race. The entire LA city gang idea and the Trabe backstory were very cool, though it did suffer a bit from the Metreon/Hiroshima syndrome that occasionally plagues Voyager. I liked the Seska arc. I loved Alliances for exactly the same reasons Scorpion worked. The weakest point of the Kazon was the fact that Chakotay seemed to always be in contact with them and nobody else. Stick Beltran into one of the scenes from "Sins of the Father" and everyone would start hating Klingons. Garak would not shine in a scene with Chakotay, nor would Sela. Interplay with "our" people is what makes or breaks a race, and we can blame the downfall of the Kazon nearly entirely on Chakotay.

Really, the Kazon had a lot going for them. Nifty costumes (and yeah, the hair was interesting), nifty ships, and a really neat survivalist outlook on life. The scene from "State of Flux" where all those Kazon lie there dead was fantastic. The we-have-no-replicators-and-transporters-and-all-our-technology-is-a-POS-compared-to-those- Federation-flyboys-but-we-will-continue-against-th e-odds was a great foil to Superadvanced Voyager worrying about damaging the rabbit holes when they land the ship. Tatoo-boy wrecked 'em.

IMHO Voyager's second season wasn't that bad at all. Dreadnought is still in my top three favorite Voyagers, and Resistance, Death Wish and Alliances were excellent as well. Sure, there was Elogium and *retch* Threshold, but season three had a lot more crap in Coda, Sacred Ground, Q and the Grey, Rise, Favorite Son, Macrocosm... (the list goes on)

But I digress. While by no means am I saying the Kazon are better than the Vidiians, or the Borg, or the Krenim, or even the Mokra, they deserve more than the styrofoam jokes I myself *looks at title* am guilty of.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

[This message was edited by The_Tom on April 09, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must agree with Tom. I've always thought the Kazon backstory made for some good stories. I think they tripped a bit more in the execution than Tom suggests, and I wouldn't blame all of that on Beltran. All in all, there are some good stories you could tell with the Kazon. Heck, there were some good stories that were told with the Kazon.

Actually, and I say this somewhat guiltily, I've always wanted to find out what was going on back in that area of space now that Voyager is gone. What happened to the Ocampa and all that. I don't know if you could pull a good episode out of it, but I'd at least like to know.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.