Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Did the prime directive go out the window? ($$$)

Author Topic: Did the prime directive go out the window? ($$$)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not watch the eps of Voyager yet, but I was going through a synopsis at TGL and it mentioned something to the tune of Janeway offering tech to the Hirogen. And this is probably not the first or the last of Voyager to violate the prime directive.

"Warhead" will see Voyager trying to disarm a bomb sent by one race to annihilate another. Now I don't know any specifics of which situation resembles an instance of the rule, but does causing interference in a war a violation? (Side note: the feds never intervened when Cardassia took over Bajor)

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not interfering with a planet or races evolution is nice and all, but not stopping them from being wiped out is another thing.

Who is to say that being assimilated by the Borg shouldn't be part of a species evolution? Starfleet, of course

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's nto letting their society becoem aware that there are other races in the universe, and that they are not alone.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps