Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » To go home, or not, that is the question.. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: To go home, or not, that is the question..
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but that's why DS9 is about...mostly. They would continue their exploring somewhere.
Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I aggree that Voyager should not be brought home until the end (or very near) the end of the series. However, I wouldn't mind a few episodes in the Alpha Quadrant near the end of the series. It would be interesting to see what the crew does when they reach Earth (especially what happens to Seven). And it would also be interesting if Voyager got home in the midst of a major crisis, like another Borg invasion, where we could see some of that Delta Quadrant experience put to good use.
IP: Logged
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Voyager did return from the DQ, what real difference could they make in the Dominion war? It's one ship, true they have some Borg tech, but it would take a very long time to deply that on the Federation Fleet. The only possible tactical advantage Voyager would bring the Federation is Slipstream Drive. Which I'll admit would be a HUGE advantage.

Oh - I think Tachy was joking Orion.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, though it doesn't really matter, Voyager would probably raise Starfleet's morale

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voyager wouldn't necessarily be fighting the dominion, I'm sure the writers could come up with something different for it in the Alpha Quadrant, especially since all the rumours say the war will be over by the time Voyager reaches home. After all, Daryus Aden is right, Voyager couldn't make a large difference in a war as large as tnhe one with the Dominion.

My preference would be to see Voyager welcomed home by the Enterprise, if only to see Piccard's expression when he sees a former drone on the bridge.

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps