Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » God, I hope I am wrong about this

Author Topic: God, I hope I am wrong about this
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the strange subject title, but I couldn't think of a better one just now.

On to the troubling matter: I read an article in a German newspaper about the WTC incident, and they showed some of the victims who were on the airplanes that crashed into the Twin Towers.
On of the pictures showed a man who looked familiar to me. Then I read the name: Jeffrey Combs!!!
I just wanted to ask: does anyone know something about this? I hope I am mistaken in thinking that this is the actor who played Weyoun and Brunt on DS9.
Any clues?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the name as well, but I seriously doubt it was him.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In which newspaper did you read it?

Edit:
It was Jeffrey Coomby not Combs.

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not him for sure. He made a statement to his fan club web site thanking everybody for their concerns about him and his well-being. The Official Star trek website has also reported about his statement and the near-mistaken identity. Rest assured he's alive and well.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eagerly await the headlines in tomorrow's newspapers. . . "Death Toll Rises; Jeffrey Coombs safe."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's two, then.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the first 'real' news (i.e. six-o-clock coverage) the day of the crash was big on pointing out the 'celebrities' who were on the planes, (the producer of Frasier, the wife of the solicitor general, etc.) Didnt seem important to me at the time

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to say that I only care about Jeffrey Combs.
I didn't hear anything about celebrities on the planes for a few days - and I was shocked about the horrible events because of all the casualties - not just some actor I happen to have seen on television.

Only when I read the article a few days ago I stumbled across the picture and thought it would be a tragic coincidence that even a Star Trek TV series' actor could have been among the casualties. That made the tragedy seem even "closer to home" if you know what I mean. After all, I live in Germany and that is quite some distance to New York and Washington - strictly geographically speaking, not emotionally!

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: Austin Powers ]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeffrey himself has said he was save, and that it wasn't him. He also said it scared him to seee his own name (well almost, because of the two O's).

Also Nana Visitor (Kira) and her two kids are also save (they appearantly were very close by the WTC when it happened).

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: NightWing ]

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps