Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New Comm Badges for Nemesis? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New Comm Badges for Nemesis?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WAS the new commbadge introduced specifically for Voyager, though? If so, and they wanted to have a change then before tying thermselves down to having the old-style for the next seven years, it's a pity that they didn't extend the same logic to the phasers (which magically changed after "The 37s").

And by the time of "Coda," any such thoughtfulness had gone out the window when they had Janeway's father wearing a commbadge style that hadn't existed when he died. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also heard that the new badge was made for Generations, but most of my sources say
it was for Voyager. Either way, they were in preproduction both at the same time so it was probably a joint decision and a moot point anyway.

I've never credited the producers of Voyager as being 'thoughtful' At least the uniforms didnt magically turn grey. (although they could have decided to once they got the patterns from Starfleet in 'Message in a Bottle')

And Admiral Janeway was an alien illusion, so they wouldnt know what old combadges looked like ;-) But Janeway should have, and it was taken from her mind.

That gaffe led that admirals uniform, which should be in the '2350s-2365' era uniforms to be placed in the '2366-2373' uniform section of ST:The Magazine.. all the more proof they have their heads up their asses

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The earliest chronological use of the AGT comm badge we've seen is
LaForge in "Timeless". And he was still wearing the FC uni. So the comm
badge changes before the uniforms do...but that still doesn't narrow the
date down enough. It was, what, 25 years in the future? How far ahead
was AGT?

IIRC, "Timeless" was supposed to be set fifteen years in the future. The "current" part of the episode took place in 2375, which puts the future events in 2390.

AGT was set 25 years in the future from season 7 (2370), which means LaForge's use of the badge is 5 years before AGT.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voyager finale spoilers
$
$
$
$
$
$
And Endgame was set even farther ahead than AGT, IIRC correctly. 33 years after Voyager's 7th season.

So, that means that the FC uniforms will be in use for at least the next 12-15 years, but sometime before that, the combadges will change at least once, eventually arriving at the AGT design. Soon thereafter, the uniforms will also change to the AGT uniforms and will remain in use for at least the next 10 years or so.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe.

Remember, all information from the future can be changed.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope so. I hate those uniforms.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kidding, they received the low end of the AGT budget and then for more future scenes it was cheaper to re-use crappy uniforms then make new ones. Unfortunately if they did that then everybody would bitch about lack of continuity.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now that they've shown those uniforms in at least three future timelines, and the commbadges alos in a fourth, I think they should stick to it.
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theyve also shown a beautiful ship bisected by a third warp nacelle and phaser cannon in the future.

No, i think that if the future looks like shit, we should try to change it, not blindly go along.

Wow, it sounds like im talking about more than cheesy uniforms here

ps.. im not dissing the return of trek to a colorful format.. i just think the AGT desgins need some serious tweaking. especially after endgame, where they didnt even fit everyone very well.

--------------------

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And Endgame was set even farther ahead than AGT, IIRC correctly. 33
years after Voyager's 7th season.

Not quite. The opening said Voyager had spent 33 years in the Delta Quadrant, so that puts it 33 years after "Caretaker" and 26 years after "Endgame."

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, I thought they spent 26 years in the DQ, and future-Endgame was 10 years after that? Oh, what the fuck, shows how un-memorable the bloody episode was. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I remember Vogon Poet is right.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon Poet is never right.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
Member # 709

Thats an excellent point.

--------------------

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO , the Uniforms used from ST:II - ST:VI were the best. But i guess that uniform gave starfleet a more 'militaristic' look, than those jumpsuits do.

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps