Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Photon Torpedoes and Crew

Author Topic: Photon Torpedoes and Crew
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay gang:
- how many Photons does Voyager Have?
- how many crew are on board?

Sorry, I lost track.......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roll Call is the best site for crew, while Voyager Statistics has both.

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, it seems that they forgot that Voyager has a limited amount and by now should be near empty in their torpedo stock. My guess is that the producers and writers would like to take it out and let them use as many as they want. Maybe the crew found a way to replicate torpedoes somehow or using some alien technology to create them. I won't even try any harder to explain Voyager inconsistensies, it would take forever.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Follow the link. They had 38 in one of the eralier episodes. . . and since then they HAVE used them all. Must have made some more.

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't THAT hard to do. The most complicated part would be the guidance system. Other than that, all you need to do is replicate a case and draw antimatter from the ship's stores.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that they had forty at the start of the show.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right... it shouldn't be hard to make at all. But I remember Janeway saying at the end of "Caretaker" that they had a limited amount with no way to restock them.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes but they could have desgined there own thing and used it.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the Maquis had a technique for creating Photon Torpedoes. After all, how else could they obtain weapons other than stealing them.

Which reminds me, how much Antimatter do they have anyways?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They'd either use their power-consuming antimatter generator to make some from other (matter) material, or buy some from alien space travellers who might use it too.

Maybe they're secretly cloning crew down on deck 12! Or horrid transporter accidents go unresolved!

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets look at it this way: torpedo casings should be easy to replicate. The parts for the drive system should eb as well and not to hard for the engineers to put together. Matter can be taken in from the ramscoops and anti-matter made in the charge reversal devise the TNG:TM describs. So over a few months torpedoes should be able to be replaced. The treknology is already there.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is true Cargile, or else how would the crew have been able to create the Delta Flyer? Anyway, the real problem here is the crew count. It goes from 140 to another number whenever crew counts are needed. The Doc says this, Janeway says that, Seven says she narrowed two people onboard she could date out of another number of the overall crew count, etc.

------------------
"Am I your fire
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way."

- Backstreet Boys

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps