Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Pic of the Day: Tasha's miniskirt (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pic of the Day: Tasha's miniskirt
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were impracitcal for the same reason that all short skirts are impractical. If you are the security chief on the flagship of the Federation, you don't want the Alien Badguy Of The Week seeing your knickers everytime you dived out of the way to avoid his phaser fire.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why wouldn't you? The alien badguy sneaks a look, and you get an opportunity to shoot him.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I totally agree that they would've looked pretty silly on the security chief. They looked pretty silly as military-esque uniforms, period. But they were well designed otherwise. I thought they fit in well as a "Starfleet look"...at least the one they had in the first season of TNG.

But yah...seeing the regulars doing action scenes in them on a regular basis would've been kind of strange.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But in the future do people care about people seeing their underwear? Gene was a very underwear minded guy...

The TOS skirts had built in short-shorts anyway, its not like they were letting everything blow in the breeze.. in sure that the TNG skirts would be sensible like that too

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just trying to picture later uniforms and their version of skirts/skants.

"Resistance is Fut... woahh baby!"

"Resistance is futile, you biological and technological distinctivness (except for those skirts) will be added to our own."

I could just picture Sisko leaping out of his chair on the Defiant to bark orders at the crew, when he realises that his 'skant' was tucked into his underwear at the back ;o)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why wouldn't you? The alien badguy sneaks a look, and you get an opportunity to shoot him."

For the same reason that Kira doesn't just flash her tits at a bad guy to distract him.

(Saying that, Betty Banner did do that in a PAD written issue of the Incredible Hulk. So SOME heroines will do it).

"But in the future do people care about people seeing their underwear? Gene was a very underwear minded guy..."

Of course, in the two pilots, the women wore trousers. I guess the short skirts was another "concession" he made to get the show on the air. The dirty old man.

"The TOS skirts had built in short-shorts anyway, its not like they were letting everything blow in the breeze."

And you didn't see Uhura's underwear every episode, did you? (At least it matched her uniforms. I wonder if all the crew had department-coded knickers?)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'underwear' you saw was built into the skirt. Thats why it was the same color. Presumably she wore lacy-underthings beneath it. Or was freeballing.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's the case, I guess there's something about Uhura we never knew...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

The fact that she had a trio of testicles would have been an interesting plot twist.

(You know, that joke works better if you say all the posts out loud).

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! LOL! I am lauging out loud here - I think everyone else in the house think's I mad! LOL!

Uhura freeballing etc. LOL!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I've said it once, I'll say it again...Uhura likes Fredricks of Hollywood!!!

For people who have seen the pictures of the drawings of possible TNG uniforms in the Art Of Star Trek; imagine instead of the skirts that we see a variation of the standard duty uniform with the long V-neckline that goes near your crotch...

Oh, and what about "Justice" and all those spandex loving people?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps