Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Guess who probably WONT be in ST:X (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Guess who probably WONT be in ST:X
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering it is Will and Deanna's wedding - supposedly... one would suspect Kyle Riker and Lwaxana Troi.

I wonder if we'll see Reg Barcley, Nurse Alyssa Ogawa... or that extra from the bridge with the short dark hair - was in most of season 5 6 and 7 plus Generations and First Contact.

I hope they dispose of Lt. Daniels... frankly - he sucked. An ANDORIAN would be cool!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It makes more sense for Daniels to be there (then the girl with short dark hair) -- he was a member of the Enterprise's senior staff in the last two TNG movies, remember. But you're right, he sucked, they should replace him with a KLINGON!

Oh, wait.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, sorry - I was thinking like a Star Trek producer there for a moment i.e. not doing what would be the logical thing. Yeah, Daniels should be there more than the black-haired girl - but she wasn't in Insurrection I don't think - probably cause they spent so much money on all those Cameo characters - Rom (as a Son'a I think), Quark that Librarian, and according to a Marina Sirtis interview McKenzie Westmore (Mike's daughter) supposedly had quite a large screen time - except she seems to have been cut out of 99.9% of the movie. That black haired crew member would have made PERFECT sense on the E-E. She could maybe have smaked some sense into Riker before he 'invented' that joystick... to make lewd gestures at the Trill ops officer - or to boot Geordi back down to Engineering - where he should be. Not on the conn.

ANYWAY - Yeah, Daniels is as boring as bat-shit. I wanna an Andorian... or alien introduced over the last 12 years... an Arbarzan!?!

P.S. This wedding - I wonder if it'll be a naked Betazoid wedding?

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy who played Rom was a Trill in the Enterprise library.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Glad they cut that - it wouldn't have made sense - all the Trill we have seen have had the same general body shape - quite tall and lithe... Max Grondenchick is neither of these things.

Think about all the Trills you have seen.

OK Ezri might be tiny - but she is still lithe.

Curzon... Jaran Balar's brother - both old guys.
That Trill from "Dax"
Ezri's family
Lenara Khan, her Brother and their professor
The Symbiote Commision head woman who called Jadzia:

Jaaadzia!

--------------------

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmm. Naked betazoid wedding. *starts to drool*
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Ensign Perim (the Trill bridge officer) was the helms(wo)man, not the ops officer.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, Max was sitting behind a library console so we really couldn't tell how tall he is.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye if they would write Daniels and develop his character, we could grow to like him. I personally would like to see this done.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MIB:
mmmmmm. Naked betazoid wedding. *starts to drool*

*stuns MIB with a phaser*

That'd be funny in a scary way, the first ever R-rated Star Trek film. Imagine the possibilities...

Data: "F#cking Romulans!"
Picard: "Excuse me?"
Data: "Something I found in the historical databse, sir. It is apparently a curse, should I offer a few more examples, you little #*%@#^%&@!?&$?"

Wesley: "Oh my god, mom, Counselor Troi is naked!"
Crusher: "Yes dear, it's their tradition."
Wesley: "Wow... I never seen boobies before... I all feel funny..."
Crusher: "Now Wes, this neither time nor the place for me to explain the birds and the bees to you..."

Man, I'm really putting myself off STX.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Star Trek IX: Insurrection: Special Edition DVD will include the library scene in the "Extras" section.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Ensign Perim was at the Conn!?! ARGH!?! Why would they go and swap Conn and Ops... and Riker's joystick... I think this was just all a dream cojured up by Ensign Perim due to the effect of the de-aging particles on the trill/symbiot neural connections.

Re the naked Bajoran wedding... Riker would be naked too... although all that hair - they'd probably make him shave, to stick with tradition!

Nah a funny scene would be Deanna walks in Naked - Geordi leans over and says maybe you should cover your eyes Wes. Wes chimes in - nothing I haven't seen before! They all look at Wesley - including Riker... then Data says - me neither! Barclay stutters... ummm! Geordi exclaims - why don't *I* ever get some... Kyle Riker doesn't make eye-contact with anyone. Neither does Kate Pulaski

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since Perim was wearing a red uniform, I assumed she was at the helm. Unless you think they're messing w/ departmental colors.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Geordi exclaims - why don't *I* ever get some...

Since this is going to be the last TNG movie, maybe it's time that Geordi got some.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

One would assume he ends up with Leah... Just cause the E-D crashed...

Re: Perim - they're messing with SOMETHING... either the department colours or the positions of Conn and Ops - which - either way SUCKS. The producers'd prollay make up some crap excuse like... oh well they can swap the controls over between different stations... If that is the case then you could have the Conn-boy/girl ANYWHERE on the ship...

Picard: "Conn, set course 238 mark 34... Conn!?! Picard to Conn... where are you?"
Conn: "Oh Sir, I heard - I've just transferred controls to a padd... I'm currently taking a bath with the night-shift ops officer"
Picard: "Very-well... carry on"

A Later Scene...

Riker to Geordi: "What are you doing at the CONN again - I told you after the incident with the Son'a when you appeared at the Conn that you CAN'T pull the chicks by sitting in that chair. Look, you were there for an entire year - did it get you any!?!"
Geordi: "No... I came close to Bun-head"
Troi: "Yeah right"
*Geordi returns engineering - thinking of his next holodeck trip*

;o)

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps