Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Regarding the "Nemesis" nemesis... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Regarding the "Nemesis" nemesis...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, both episode names and series titles go in quotes. Movie titles go in italics.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shut up.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really must disagree, Tim. The Encyclopedia and all books I've seen simply show series titles in italics.

Someone as distinguished as yourself should have known this.

-MMoM

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Random House Webster's College Dictionary 1999 edition:

"Titles of plays and movies should be put in italics. Telvision and radio programs should be enclosed in quotation marks."

[examples given:]
Shakespeare's Hamlet
the movie High Noon
"Sesame Street"

What the Encyclopedia does is irrelevant. I'm talking about actual punctuation rules of the English language here.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh...but it could have been changed by the 24th century, n'est pas?

-MMoM

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get back to the real point of this thread - that this "Nemesis" movie is sounding like one HEAP of CRAP! Clones - uhhh hello Star Wars: II.

Let's hope this is all dis-information.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Monkey: I'll be very surprised if, in four hundred years, the version of the English language being used looks much like what's in the Encyclopedia. To a resident of the year 2401, it'll probably look about the way Shakespeare's plays look to us. Maybe slightly less so. So, really, it doesn't matter what the rules are in four centuries. The book wasn't written in that language.

Andrew: That wasn't the point of the thread. I should know; I started it. The point is that, if Shinzon is a clone of Picard, he's not going to look the way we know Picard did at that age. Granted, this isn't a major deal. I mean, look at Braxton. Sometimes, getting the same actor to reprise a role just isn't feasible. I can understand that. But they seem to have pointlessly changed his hair color from brown to blonde. Why? Is it so important to the plot that he have blonde hair, that it makes up for the inconsistency?

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps