Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Ferengi, RIP ($$$$)

Author Topic: The Ferengi, RIP ($$$$)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe it should go into DS9, but I figure that the Ferengi WILL show up in upcoming series and/or movies.

Simply put, the Ferengi are dead (mwahahahaha). The changes they have made I feel have caused a fatal backlash against them....... And even Quark refuses to bow down to the radical changes imposed during his absense. With Moogie basically making the decisions, and Rom being the new Grand Nagus, I think all is lost.

Side question: what does this change have anything to do with the Dominion War? Purely nothing but a side story which has probably doomed the Ferengi Empire.

Goodbye Ferengi. It was real fun knowing ya.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's showing that the Ferengi are evolving. This just goes to show that everything changes, and Quark is right, soon Ferenginar will look like a Federation planet. Next they need to get some weather control systems to stop all the raining.
But let's face it, Moogie ruined the Ferengi Alliance...and with Rom as Grand Nagus there's no hope in site for recovery.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way they're going, they might as well soon enough join the Federation.

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ferengi are undergoing development as a civilization, perhaps reverting in some small detail to what they were before they became obsessed with the acquisition of wealth. And could the Federation be influencing the Ferengi? I believe so.
IP: Logged
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one word. Rootbeer!!

------------------
THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

Golden Phoenix
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, you're all wrong !

This is a Ferengi plot to overthrow the Federation from the INSIDE ! Once they become Members they will encourage greed and avarice.

Beware they are devious !

IP: Logged
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Ferengi (refer to my website), and I see nothing wrong with this change. They have to move on, just like the rest of DS9. Although I find it hilarious and disturbing that the events happening on Ferenginar came straight out of US history (which I just studied this year): Progressive Income Tax, labor unions,etc. God, it gave me horrific deja vu. And Quark's quoting "The line must be drawn HERE!" was a good laugh.

------------------
"Oh Lucifer!
Oh! Laisse-moi rien qu'une fois
Glisser mes doigts dans les cheveux d'Esmeralda"
--"Belle", Notre Dame de Paris

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps