Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Okuda’s ST-TMP: TDE Text Commentary

Author Topic: Okuda’s ST-TMP: TDE Text Commentary
Commander Dan
Member # 558

- posted      Profile for Commander Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okuda states in his text commentary that in the alcove on the rec-deck, the 18th century frigate can be seen, the WWII aircraft carrier, the modern day nuclear carrier, the space shuttle, a “never before seen spaceship” (the infamous “hoop” ship), and the TOS Enterprise.

Can't Okuda count? That is a total of 6 images, when there are clearly only 5. It appears that only ONE of the aircraft carriers is displayed, although I cannot tell which one.

So what gives here?

(For additional “Okuda bashing,” see my Thread in “Starships & Technology” titled “Location of Officer’s Lounge in TMP.”)

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Commander Dan ]

--------------------
“My experience with Rick Berman is, you know, he does not understand what he's doing, he does not understand science fiction.”
-- Andrew Probert

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. It would appear he cannot count. That's it! No wonder he has completely, totally, and utterly ruined the Star Trek universe chronology; he cannot count!

"Okuda Bashing" within a thread discussing something that he has relevence to is fine, I suppose, but did you need to start a thread just to bash him?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, some of those text commentary on TMP E were kind of obvious. "William Shatner plays the couragerous Admiral Kirk." Gee, really?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's only one CV on the display, right? He probably just got confused and listed it twice, once as the original and once as the current.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The text commentary is brilliant.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the carrier is definitely the WWII one. If there's one distinguishing feature between aircraft carriers, it's the shape of the "island", or the command tower protruding above the flight deck. And those of CV-6 and CVN-65 couldn't be more different.

Timo Saloniemi

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the angled deck. I would think that would rank up there to.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah, you can tell a WWII carrier apart from a postwar one that way (and the number of propeller planes on the flight deck might give you a hint, too). But if you want to tell apart carriers in general...

Timo Saloniemi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps