Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Yridians presumed an extinct species ("Equinox"). Spoiler (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yridians presumed an extinct species ("Equinox"). Spoiler
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the episode "Equinox", the Yridians are presumd an extinct species until the Federation rediscovers them. The Borg knew of the Yridians (Species 6192, I believe). Just a note.
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was Iridians, actually, if my hearing is correct. Unless you had the closed captioning on.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Trinculo
Ex-Member

I had the closed captioning on.
Golden Phoenix
Ex-Member

Aren't those Yridians the ones who used portal devices that could transport you in time and space (STNG - Yamato episode) ?
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, those were the Iconians. The Yridians were the prune-faced information dealers.

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most well-known of them is the trader on DS9 in TNG's "Birthright".

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shrek, played by James Cromwell.

------------------
THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, no-one else has said this, so I will.

CAN YOU PLEASE NOT POST SPOILERS IN THE THREAD TITLE

I know some might not consider that a big spoiler, and that I didn't have ot read the thread. But it was hard to avoid the title. Please don't place any spoiler information in the title. It can ruin stories that others might not see for months yet. Thank you.

------------------
'There's no meat in beer, right?'
-Joey Tribiani

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was James Cromwell?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh yeah...i remember that guy now...Cromwell is hard to forget. He must have had three roles in ST:TNG alone, counting "First Contact"

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

jh
Ex-Member

So let me get this straight: Are we saying that the Yridians were presumed extinct? Why? Was Shrek supposed to be the last one of them or something? They appeared in another episode too, smuggling something wasn't it?

------------------
"A screaming comes across the sky..."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were they not hooked up with the sisters of Duras?

James Cromwell appeared in DS9's "Starship Down" as well.

He was in "First Contact"? Which of the aliens was he?

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smites Garak* You'd better be joking!
Cromwell = Cochrane!

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In DS9's "Starship Down," he played the one stuck with Quark in the mess hall of the Defiant when a Jem H'addar torpedo hit that area.

Wait a second, isn't this species also in Earth: Final Conflict?

------------------
"Am I your fire
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way."

- Backstreet Boys

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elim wasn't joking, actually.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"You're a real colonel, right?" - Taco Bell Chihuahua to Colonel Sanders, facing an army of battle droids

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps