Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Is Viacom, the owning of Paramount Pictures, giving fewer dollars to Star Trek?

Author Topic: Is Viacom, the owning of Paramount Pictures, giving fewer dollars to Star Trek?
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the episodes I have seen this year, both shows of Star Trek are operating on very limited budgets. Yes, there is the CGI. However, CGI is cheaper than building an actual model for filming. And, unfortunately, there is stock footage being used. The sets that were used for this year are either known or very small. All this implies that money is getting less. Any thoughts?

[This message was edited by Trinculo on June 01, 1999.]

IP: Logged
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DS9 is likley getting the same money they have been, but they tend to save money from some eps to use in another, more expensive ep. I'll bet they saved a good bit for the finale.

Voyager looks better to me the last two seasons. Before that, some of it looked awful.

------------------
THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They obviously didnt save enough money. Take a look at the battle in WYLB, its got stock footage from just about every fleet scene ever seen on DS9.

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

IP: Logged
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! Money-wasting sons-of-a-silly-person!
I fart in their general direction!
Down with Stock footage...
Do they really think we can't tell ?!

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anything, they've been allocating more money to Voyager than ever before.

And, while CGI costs less, would you really wnat them to do what they do with models?

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps