Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Golden Gate Mystery!

Author Topic: The Golden Gate Mystery!
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could illustrate my argument better, but after combing the net for images I found none of any use.

Compare views of Starfleet HQ from "The first Duty", "The Changing face of evil" and "In the Flesh". I'm under the strong impression that the Golden gate bridge, at some stage between these eps, switches from landing on HQ's left to its right!

Someone tell me if I'm going crazy!

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly don't remember anything about that, but then again, I don't remember much about anything, so just disregard my opinion.

However, I don't think anything's happened, but I'll have to check it again to confirm it.

------------------
The public has spoken. Common sense has prevailed. We have been returned what was wrongly taken away from us. All hail COCO POPS!!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're crazy, Monty. I can't think of any instance similar to what you describe. Though it is possible that shot was reversed once and I'm not recalling it.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling that the pictures that you see with the right and the left are two different sections of Starfleet that you see... the bridge is on the left in Star Trek: IV The Voyager Home... this has buildings of a circular look, where as from that season seven DS9 pic the buildings where the bridge is on the right have gardens etc around them - Starfleet Academy perhaps?

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Starfleet HQ - Source Ep Unknown

Somebody check "In the Flesh" and "TCFoE" and stick up a screen grab or something. I've scoured the net and there's only this single picture from the Great Link in the whole thing!

I'm 90% sure of this!

------------------

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I know what's the issue here. . . there are other SF-HQ buildings, one that is right by the bridge, on the other side from these which are quite some distance away. Unless it's on the same side but across the bay. . .
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Nay. I speak of this central building in the image I posted. It has a slantly roof bit at the bottom for floors 2-5 or so, and a glass curving window at the centre of its base to shield an entrance. I think that in "In the Flesh" we see this same building, or at least it's base. I also recall ater seeing this ep, checking the picture in the encyclopeadia and discovering a problem with the bridge.

------------------

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the frames just got reversed and no one noticed.

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps