Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Should there be a "Nemesis" Forum?

Author Topic: Should there be a "Nemesis" Forum?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember if we had a dedicated forum for the last movie, but should we for the next one?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don’t think that it is imperative to have a nemesis forum. I’m sure that we can cope with the general trek, but then again you could make a forum dedicated to the movies in general not just nemesis.

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get rid of the Voyager forum? Didn't we get rid of the Deep Space Nine one right after it ended? I mean, come on, the show's been over for almost a year, and I don't have anything left to say about it.
(By the way, can't we get rid of that spoiler warning about "the premiere episode" that still looms over the "Enterprise" board? It annoys me)

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can't remember if we had a dedicated forum for the last movie, but should we for the next one?
No, we didn't, and no, I don't think we should. Primarily because we don't really need to. Discussion of Nemesis may, one might hope, fill up General Trek, but there's nothing wrong with a forum being busy. More to the point, discussion of previous Treks does not actually occur all that often, so threads about a new movie don't wind up displacing other threads.

quote:
Didn't we get rid of the Deep Space Nine one right after it ended?
No. It's been our policy, first with DS9 and now with Voyager, to leave a board open until the majority of Flare's international audience has had time to see all of the show and comment on it. Voyager is, indeed, reaching that point, and will be folded into General Trek Real Soon Now. But not just yet.

As for Enterprise, the spoiler reminder doesn't specifically mention the premiere anymore, and anything that might encourage people to think twice before essentially ruining something for others is a good thing.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for leaving the Voyager forum open - we still haven't got the last video with "Endgame" on it here in Australia yet - should be out in April. I haven't gotten round to talking about "Homestead" yet - I really loved that episode. Maybe Neelixes finest? Along with Mortal Coil?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps