Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Super Dimensional Fortress Enterprise?

Author Topic: Super Dimensional Fortress Enterprise?
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at this site. It's about the Oberth-class ships from Macross/Robotech. That's right, Oberth-class. And one of the Oberth-class ships is the Tsiolkovsky (spelled differently, but it's the same name). And how about the Korolev and Goddard? Trek has a Korolev-class, and the one ship of that type that we know of is...the Goddard. There's a Miranda there too. Shall I even mention the Daedalus-class and Prometheus-class?

Obviously Jaegar wasn't the only anime fan working on Star Trek. And, yes, for the most part, Macross predates TNG.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!" - TMBG

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooooooeeeeeee!!!!!!! Robotech!!!!! Robotech!!!!

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the names "Kei" and "Yuri" that were in so many of TNG's in-jokes? Were they Anime, also?

------------------
*needs a new sig, but hasn't run across anything good*

This is a temporary non-sig. Please ignore it. That is all.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...I don't know...they might.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Kei and Yuri are the "Dirty Pair." Their adventures have another name, I think, which I can't recall.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One question: Clearly the USS Grissom, Oberth Class came before TNG, in STIII. But was the Oberth Class identified in that movie?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

I don't think so, unless it had a dedication plaque.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps