Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Help with $$$ "Blink of an Eye" weapons

Author Topic: Help with $$$ "Blink of an Eye" weapons
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite the spoiler warnings, I'd like to be utterly spoiled on the subject. In the episode, tricobalt weapons reputedly make an appearance again, this time fired by the natives. Do they appear before or after the antimatter missiles? Are they presented as advanced or primitive weapons? What do they look like? Any data on them at all?

Should this perhaps be crossposted to "starships&other tech"?

Timo Saloniemi

------------------

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They appear after the anti-matter weapons were fired, to my recolection... I should watch the ep again to make sure, but I'm 89% sure on that (that leave 11% for error)

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Voyager is hit with one tri-cobalt which is the last weapon they are hit with. After which two ships show up and tow them out of the planets field. You never see the missles because they are moving to fast.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Why did the natives attack voyager anyway?

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why does anyone ever attack anything? A mixture of fear, local religious/scientific trends, and sheer "because we can", I'd imagine.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Grand Admiral Reese
Ex-Member

I think that the natives attacked Voyager because they had never responded after centuries of attempting to contact them. This angered the natives, so they decided to see if they could blow it up.

The Tri-Cobalt Device came after the anti-matter missile barragee. It took out the last 17% of their shields.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention the fact that who knows how many probes had been sent up to the skyship and never heard from again. This could certainly be seen as a hostile act, depending upon whomever was in charge of the attack.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

[This message has been edited by Sol System (edited January 23, 2000).]

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be a great phylosophy for a society to run on- "If it doesn't talk to us, blow it up."

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

warbird5
Ex-Member

so how did the episode end?
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone seems to be forgetting that Voyager's presence in orbit had been causing tremors on the planet for centuries on end.

The natives knew the cause of the tremors... now, they could blow up the cause of the tremors. Wouldn't you? Heheh...

------------------
I just turned 17! Well, it beats my other sig.
[ www.linneberg.com ] | [ [email protected] ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paris: What do you mean "would be"? I thought that was how most Earth societies tended to be run... *ironic smile*

------------------
Col. Maybourne: "Teal'c... It's good to see you well."
Teal'c: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."
-Stargate SG-1: "Touchstone"

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.