Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » USS Voyager NCC-74656-A ??? (includes DS9 $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: USS Voyager NCC-74656-A ??? (includes DS9 $$$)
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just had a very disturbing thought. EVERY major ship has been destroyed in the main Star Trek timeline about 2 or 3 episodes/movies before the final showing of that series.

Check this:
USS Enterprise NCC-1701: Destroyed in Star Trek 3. Replaced by a new Enterprise which was seen only 3 times, in the last 3 TOS movies.

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D: Destroyed in Star Trek 7. Replaced by a new Enterprise which is seen only 2 times, probably 3 at most, in the last 2 or 3 TNG movies.

USS Defiant: Destroyed. Replaced by a new Defiant which was seen only 2 times, in the last two episodes.

Do I detect a pattern here?
So what about Voyager???

------------------
"Do you want to be President?"
"Yes."
"Put you hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

- G'kar and Sheridan, Babylon 5.

(-=\V/=-)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I doubt that if Voyager is destroyed the new one will retain the same registry. Then again, we could have the "What You Leave Behind" on the USS Defiant CGI scandal...

------------------
Cigar Girl- "Would you like to check my figures?"

James Bond- "I'm sure that they are very well rounded..."

The World is Not Enough

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not about registries. The title was just a joke to get you interested. For all I care a new Voyager will have the number NCC-90000.

The point here is that all those other famous ships were destroyed in the MAIN Star Trek timeline, and then replaced by a ship that was on screen 3 times at most.

Do you think Voyager should uphold this 'tradition' (other than that you hate Voyager). Personally I'd like to see a Sovereign Class USS Voyager. But that probably won't happen because of possible confusion with the Ent-E.

Another thing that would be fun: Bring Voyager home halfway season 7. Then destroy the darn thing in the season final. And then give Janeway a totally new class of ship where the EMH is replaced with the Doc (saved by a mobile emiter ofcource).
That new ship should have a Sovereign/Intrepid look without folding nacelles, and should be about 450 meters or so. I think that would be a great idea.

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

(-=\V/=-)

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Hey... I just got an idea!

Look HERE for more details.

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

(-=\V/=-)

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care what the new ship looks like the new registry should have an A behind it. Anyway it is a bit premature to say voyager will be destroyed (although this has happened in the past).

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, putting an A on it would be a bad idea. Would it really be the Voyager-A? Are you suggesting there were no ships in SF named Voyager before the one we have now?

------------------
"How many Libraries of Congress per second can your software handle?"
-Avery Brooks, IBM commercial

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I want Voyager to be destroyed or anything, but if it were why not have it be a Prometheus class? By the time Voyager gets destroyed the class should be public knowledge. Or if the Federation develops Quantum Slip Stream tech they could have a Dauntless class ship, built from sensor records.

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Paris finally gets the idea of the thread Thanks.

And I like your ideas! A Prometheus class USS Voyager. COOL!

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blow it to hell!

J/K. It'd be funny though if they made it to Earth/Spacedock only for it to have a melt down or fall apart, lol.

------------------
Ex-Admin at the TrekBBS.com

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a bad idea. Trek hasn't been able to make us feel anything for their ships in awhile now. When the original E took it's final plunge, you felt something. I did, anyway. This has never really been replicated. The D blew up without so much as a by your leave, despite making for a visually impressive scene. The Defiant got a bit of a send off, but this was blunted by getting a brand new one shortly after.

Dramaticaly, I think Voyager SHOULD feature the strongest connection between ship and crew, and the show has tried to do so in the past. So its destruction would have to resonate very strongly emotionally for me not to discount it out of hand.

Having said that, it's bad idea, simply because it is so predictable.

------------------
"Twentieth century go and sleep.
Really deep. We won't blink
Your eyes are burning holes through me.
I'm not scared I'm outta here.
I'm not scared. I'm outta here.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Please?

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Point well taken!

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About the second Voyager's (if there will come one) rego, I think they should add an -A suffix.
Of course, the Enterprise is the only ship to carry over its old rego, supplemented by a letter suffix. But I hypothesize that Voyager has become some sort of a myth in the Federation, struggling to survive on their way home. Many people will think of Voyager's crew as heroic. And if they get home, Starfleet will break tradition and decides to register any second Voyager as NCC-74656-A. And don't tell me that there might have been other Voyagers in the past... I think that there might have been earlier Enterprises than NCC-1701 in the past as well.
Class of 74656-A? I'd like to see a Sovereign/Prometheus hybrid. I'm going to kitbash one now... and I'll post the result!

------------------
"Alpha Centauri is a beautiful place to visit, you ought to see it" - Kirk to 1969 USAF officer Fellini, "Tomorrow is Yesterday" (TOS)

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well here it is:

*fanfare*

USS VOYAGER NCC-74656-A, PROMETHEREIGN (sic) CLASS!

*end fanfare*

NCC-74656-A

Hmmm.... not exactly what I had in mind.

BTW: no comments please on the kitbash; if I desired that, I would have posted it in the Artwork forum. It's just a joke.

------------------
"Alpha Centauri is a beautiful place to visit, you ought to see it" - Kirk to 1969 USAF officer Fellini, "Tomorrow is Yesterday" (TOS)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's for a fact there are no earlier Enterprises than Kirk's ship. The E-D's computer has said that there have been only five starships bearing that name including the E-D herself. That makes nil, A, B, C, and D at the time.

And Alpha, your pic isn't showing up. It seems no one has access to the directory.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PopMaze is right; the E-nil was the first Starfleet Enterprise. Plus, there are other ships w/ suffixed registries: the Yamato (though people argue this one) and the Relativity (if they can do it in the future, who says they haven't started already?).

------------------
"How many Libraries of Congress per second can your software handle?"
-Avery Brooks, IBM commercial

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps