Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Star Trek Series 5 Rumor $$$$$...?

Author Topic: Star Trek Series 5 Rumor $$$$$...?
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got this after a con - from a usually reliable source.

1) Captain April
2) There will be two ships. We start off with one (the hula-hoop Spaceship Enterprise?) - and then in a few episodes, we get April's Starship Enterprise - fresh out of the box (maiden voyage).

I can't vouch for the veracity - but this guy has gotten hold of some scary shit from time to time...

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Supposedly, the series is set around ninety years before the NCC-1701 was launched, so I doubt there will be any Captain April...

------------------
Lister: "Cat, what are you doing?"
Cat: "I'm courting."
Lister: "Courting who?"
Cat: "Whoever shows up!"
-Red Dwarf, "Me�"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While that would be cool ...

a) I can't really see them building a model and sets for one Enterprise and then scrapping those and rebuilding the TOS Enterprise ...

b) I just can't see a prequel series taking place that close to Kirk's time. I mean, it's one thing doing DS9 and Voy, set after TNG -- you've got all the future to write in you could want. But with a prequel series -- especially one only 20 or so years before TOS, you'd have to be much more careful ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And if it is this whole "Birth of the Federation" ("Death of Trek" IMO) idea, then it's even less likely to be true.

------------------

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're assuming the continuity fairy visits Paramount...

I hope he's wrong... I really do. But he has this disturbing tendency not to be...

(I still hope for a 25th century series - also believe in Easter Bunny)

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One has to have dreams, don't they?

------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps