Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Why do I get the feeling...... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why do I get the feeling......
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He meant triple as I'm sure you're aware. *thpppt*

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, no, I assumed he meant "tripe", since it makes sense (syntactically, anyway). "Triple" never even occured to me (though it does make sense, now that you say it).

------------------
"Even the colors are pompous!"
-a friend of mine, looking at a Lexus brochure

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shut up Data!

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Bernd, but I also know that it will be at least another one and a half years before Enterprise will hit the screens here in Germany. By then, of course, all of us here will know how the first season has turned out thanks to the wonders of the web.
But get ready with the mallet...I'm a hypocrit too.

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post 
I take issue with the statement that no show finds its legs until midway through the second season. Look at the archetype for the franchise.

In the first season alone, there were very good episodes like The Naked Time, The Menagerie, Balance of Terror, Shore Leave, Space Seed, This Side of Paradise, Devil in the Dark, Errand of Mercy and City on the Edge of Forever. Even today, they feel like TOS at its classic best. In the second season, just about every second episode was good. Meanwhile, I cringe at every single first season TNG ep, and most of the second and many of the third. TOS was magic, no doubt about it.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Tech Sergeant Chen ]

--------------------
Never give up. Never surrender.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DS9 had some GREAT first season episodes ... "Progress", "The Storyteller", "Duet", and "In The Hands of the Prophets."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Wes
is still alive.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think alot of people are just afraid of change.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me TNG first made me sit up and take notice when the 2nd season show 'Time Squared' aired. And it just got better and better from there, with minor exceptions of course. I agree with Tech sergeant Chen in that many 1st season eps were pretty cringe worthy. But you've gotta shrug and say the likes of '11001001', 'We'll Always Have Paris', and 'Conspiracy' weren't half bad.

I liked DS9 immediately, and perhaps one its best and strongest episodes 'Duet' is from the first season. Voyager I also loved initially, then it went rapidly downhill. By season three I getting very disappointed with it. But then Seven appeared and it livened up a lot after that - in more ways than one.

In an ideal world, I would love it if they had two Trek shows running simulataneously like the good ole days. Run the 22nd century 'Enterprise', and continue the current era 24th century adventures in a brand new series. New ship, new crew etc etc.

Because the worse thing for me about 'Enterprise' (and you never know it might be ok in the end), is that I'm really gunna miss the 24th century. I just can't get over that.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, one of the most chilling Trek moments ever for me was in "Conspiracy", as they're searching the debris field to find out what ship it was. The music was perfect. The lack of dialogue as we saw the itty bitty chunks of twisted metal float past on the viewscreen, accompanied by the sound of the scanners...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.