Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "Enterprise" era

Author Topic: "Enterprise" era
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, albeit the exact timeframe of "Enterprise" has not been set (if TPTB are smart they'll use some Stardate type system to keep the exact year unclear for a while at least), there's already been a lot of discussion about what will and won't exist at the time of the show.

As I mentioned in a post elsewhere, some years back Playmates Toys submitted a game design concept of mine to Paramount, who didn't bite (they didn't want to do prequels at that time). The game is question was called "Bird of Prey" and it was to be a space-combat game set during the Earth-Romulan War.

I dug up the "Bird of Prey" proposal to check against the "Enterprise" info. Now admittedly, some of the dates I used were from the Chronology book.

If "Enterprise" were set in 2156, the year the Earth-Romulan War is reported to start in the Chronology, then...

* Earth Warp drive technology is 95 years old.
* The United Federation of Planets will not be formed for another five years.
* It is 108 years before James T. Kirk assumes command of the original starship Enterprise.
* It is 208 years before Jean-Luc Picard assumes command of the Enterprise NCC-1701-D.

My gut feeling is that TPTB won't be able to resist a space war, and will set this show in a pre-Federation prerios where the Romulan War is gonna pop up somewhere in the series arc.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember reading some where that Braga or Biller don't like arcs. So any kind of overall story (ie B5) is out of the question.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"arc" meaning the whole run of this series, not some overarching preplanned storyline.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The date has been nailed down a bit more than most think. The UPN President said 100 years from now and 150 before Kirk, so
2101 - 2110's which is within two decades. It cuts out a whole bunch, no Klingons... and very little with the Romulans. Infact they can't even let the crew see a Romulan... that didn't happen until TOS "Balence of Terror" remember.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: J ]

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless, of course, it gets erased from the record and they never tell anyone about it. Or maybe it could never happen, due to time travel. Or maybe they could have their memories wiped. Or...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or, bad writing. Any takers on which on it will be?

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Baron Soontir Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I call dibs on bad, ill-informed writing.
IP: Logged
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I might have to stretch on this one... uh uh uh.... bad writing?

My vote is a script by Braga

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW, every single instance of a "years before Kirk" reference except Noonan's has been 100. I therefore don't think we have any real solid ground in terms of dates... either TPTB haven't nailed it down yet or aren't really too concerned about saying publicly exactly when. Considering that every announcement they've made since the prequel confirmation has been to the mainstream press or the industry and not more directly at the fans (ie in the magazines or online) the latter is quite likely.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps