Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "I see you managed to get your shirt torn off..." (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "I see you managed to get your shirt torn off..."
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, new poll.

How many episodes until:
- Cptn. Archer gets his shirt torn off
- He gets some green pussy
- (any other hackneyed ideas from TOS/Galaxy Quest?)

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um...my dad told me that green pussy was a BAD thing.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think as soon as the klingons start their attack runs his first officer's face will turn green, him being a pussy and all.
This will make the captain look more brave, and that is always good.

I think Archer will "end-up-in-sickbay-involuntarily-whilst-squirming-and-trying-to-walk-away-with-crutch-made-of-bridge-railing-insisting-that-he's-fine" in the very first episode, but that's just a wild guess.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But they probably just had first aid kits in those days, real men tend to their wounds with one hand whilst giving orders with the other.
You know, pointing with the entire hand, "you go there, you sit there, fly thataway, shoot at that blobby thing and can someone fasten this gauss I have on the shoulder, it's not doing any damn good as it is now. Give me more bourbon and call me daddy, you shithead!!!"

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO! I think Archer will get his shirt torn off, Kirk style, in the very first episode!
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to agree w/ MIB on that. But I don't think he'll get laid 'til at least halfway through the first season... :-)
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you seen the actor who's playing Archer? The is hairy as hell, (I shouldn't be saying anything either for tht matter) If he takes his shirt off, ratings will go down just because of that!

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

Forget TOS clich�s. The question is how many episodes before we get the Braga reset button? That is, an episode progresses then is cancelled by time travel at the climax.
Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Reginald Barclay ]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ratings might go DOWN if he cuts his 'hair' a la "Felicity"!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see we're still gonna get double posts. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MIB
Ex-Member

[QUOTE]Forget TOS clich�s. The question is how many episodes before we get the Braga reset button? That is, an episode progresses then is cancelled by time travel at the climax.[END QUOTE]

ohhhh. That's a tough one. hmmmm. In all honesty I don't think Braga is going to pull all that time paradox garbage untill the first half of the second season.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Braga is going to bring in the Enterprise from the 22nd century to the 25th century and then give him a new ship. How long will that be?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't tell ya, fella - but I think we can guarantee a visit from the 29th century.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by MIB:

In all honesty I don't think Braga is going to pull all that time paradox garbage untill the first half of the second season.

Really? I don't think he'd be able to resist for much more than a half season. It's his favorite deus ex machina. I say episode unlucky 13. Want to start a pool here on what episode you think it'll be? Pity we can't actually bet some money, but we can look back at the thread once it happens and see who "wins" the pool.

What you have to remember is that this is B&B, and they don't care about TOS, so they won't have the shirtless captain. Honestly, did we get shirtless Picard, Sisko or Janeway? (Although I bet a few viewers wouldn't have minded the last.) Why use really old hackneyed ideas when they have their own hackneyed ideas?

BTW, I think the line from Galaxy Quest was "I see you manage to get your shirt off."

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: Reginald Barclay ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.