Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » "I see you managed to get your shirt torn off..." (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "I see you managed to get your shirt torn off..."
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope they can at least maitain some internal continuity for some seasons, like Voyager tended to do in the first two or so.

And I guess it will take about three seasons until we see 24th century CGI models in the far background.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*rolls eyes*
If what writing staffs did on one series was identically carried over when they started on another, then Voyager would have been like TNG.

So if B&B don't pay homage to hackneyed 60s elements like ripped shirts, they're dishonouring Gene? Please. We (thankfully) didn't see too much of Kirk's chest in the films, did we? And we did see Picard sans shirt several times, FWIW.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Voyager wasn't more like TNG because Braga's power grew gradually. He used his temporal reset button as a writer several times in TNG, starting with "Cause and Effect" and ending with "All Good Things..." By Voyager, he became the predominant writer and later co-executive producer. And guess what? He used his reset button whenever he got the chance. See Year of Hell, Future's End, Timeless and Endgame, for example.

You're mistaken. I don't worship at the shrine of Roddenberry. He was badly overrated and stole credit from others, both subtly and aggressively. I'm just saying these guys have as big egos as he did and would rather use their own gimmicks rather than his.

I don't remember ever seeing a barechested Picard. In a tank top, yes, but never barechested. Ditto with Janeway, although as I wrote, I'm sure a few guys would have tuned in to see her barechested.

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: Reginald Barclay ]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shirtless Janeway? Perish the thought.

And, IIRC, Picard was pretty damn close to shirtless (if not actually) in "Captain's Holiday."

A Ron Moore ep, actually.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've also apparently forgotten that Picard was the only captain to appear buck-ass naked.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And "Tapestry", when he wakes up in bed next to Q. I'm pretty sure he was shirtless then.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't Kirk nekkid, too, in "What Little Girls Are Made Of"?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

"Captain's Holiday?" Mmmmm. I'd like to see barechested Vash. Now that you mention it, I guess Picard was barechested in the climax of BoBW. Although they gave equal time to Deanna in Menage a Troi.
TrekkiEternal
Ex-Member

Haha, my friend is actually watching to see Cpt. Archer minus his shirt. I was going to post a link she gave me, but I can't find it.

Anyone wonder what the "uniforms" are going to look like?

� TrekkiEternal

"Hi, excuse me, I was your lover in a past life and now it's my job to protect you and the entire universe."
"Oh, ok."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps