Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Series V 100 yr from now, 150 yr before TOS

Author Topic: Series V 100 yr from now, 150 yr before TOS
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.startrek.com/production/seriesv/articles/051701a.html

According to this article, the new series will be set somewhere from 2100 to 2115. So, no Romulan War (2156) and no Federation (2161). Maybe those will be in series VI, to air around 2009?

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

[This message has been edited by Masao (edited May 18, 2001).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plenty of time for you to move to Hollywood and get comfortable.

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it was roughly 100 years from now and 100 years before Kirk. So that's anywhere from 2101 to 2164. (yeah?). I'd imagine they'd like 2161 to fall into the last season or so, so one might guess 2154. Of course, if it takes place then then one would imagine Zimmerman would say 150 years from now. I'm hoping we get Gregorian dates in the Captain's Logs...

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Tom, only Herman Zimmerman said 100 years before Kirk and 100 years from now. Everyone else said 150 years before Kirk and 100 years from now. So, early 22nd Century is more likely than mid 22nd Century.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am getting the eerie sensation that I actually like the premise of this series.

------------------
"You know, putting up a tent is like making love to a beautiful woman. You undo the zip, pop in your pole and slip into the old bag."
- Swiss Toni, The Fast Show (British comedy show)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
NO!!!!! Your supposed to be trying hard not to like 'Enterprise!' Try harder damn it!

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Say. When do Humans have first contact with Klingons. I'm asking because I found this...

[The first episode of Enterprise, the upcoming fifth Star Trek series, will be entitled �Broken Bow,� sources told SCI FI Wire. The episode--which will shoot on the Paramount lot until June 19--will be directed by longtime Star Trek helmer James L. Conway, the sources said. The story concerns the crew's first encounter with Klingons]

I found this at Greatlink.org

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you read any other threads around here? That's one of the major things being discussed: the apparent loss of continuity inherent in showing Klingons in the new series...

------------------
"Adults Do Not Teach By Examples, But By Word Scams That Brainwash And Indoctrinate Their Children's Malleable Minds, Destroying Youth. Rote Education Corrupts Childhood, Forcing Children To Become Adults."
-Gene Ray

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, they're telling everyone who cares about such minor details as consistancy and history in Trek to go fuck themselves.

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the klingons will come in their K'Tinga and talk diplomacy with Archer over their holomessage system.

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cats and dogs, living together...

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps