Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » The Unremarkable Enterprise (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Unremarkable Enterprise
Xanthi
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I had a thought [yes strange things happen every day].

No doubt this Enterprise crew is going to have some amazing adventures, but lets hope it's nothing too amazing as no one in the future [other trek shows]has ever mentioned any of their voyages!

IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they can't save Earth or the Federation.
Probably much like the original Enterprise: mining rights, medical supplies, simple exploration.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno. If you spent 500 hours listening to the conversations on a modern aircraft carrier and didn't hear about some dude called "Ferdinand Magellan" does that mean he didn't do anything remotely important?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not like we've heard of EVERY single incident when Kirk & Co. saved Earth & the Federation during TNG/DS9/VOY dialogue, did we?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Xanthi
Ex-Member

I'm not saying we should have heard their life stories told in other trek shows, I'm just saying if they did anything truly remarkable someone, sometime, would have mentioned it. Like they have mentioned Kirk and co before.
This is supposed to be the beginning of a great moment in history, I just would have thought someone would have mentioned it is all. [it's not like we dont really know why no one ever mentioned it before ]
Just a point. Anyway, i'm not going to bag it anymore, it at least deserves a chance.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In all honesty, most of the occasions when previous crews' adventures have been mentioned, it's sounded rather contrived. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's because, every time some big event is mentioned, it's about them. If some anomaly is encountered, it's either "The computer records say such-and-such about it..." or "Once, Captain Picard and the Enterprise encountered one of these...". We never hear "Once, Captain Foo and the USS Pleh encountered one of these...".
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly! And when they DO try to mention other ships' adventures, they cock it up! Like the Borg encounters involving Captain Amisov (of the Endeavour? Can't find it on my ship list), or the Excalibur. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be looking forward to the various first contacts with other species, and I think it will be interesting to see the Federation and Starfleet develop in terms of technology etc.

Like the sig, TSN.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is pretty moronic. Lets sacrifice how spectacular a show because we couldnt incorperate it into older shows 30 years before it...

The concept of enterprise came up around a year and a half ago... even then the pilot was only completed months ago..

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
REMINDER:
Enterprise will be set 50 years before the founding of the Federation and Starfleet. You won't see their development at all.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Xanthi
Ex-Member

[Now that you mention it that is a pretty funny signature, never really took much notice before.]

As for Enterprise, I'm going to refrain from further bagging. Its just the more I think about it the more problems I think of, so I'm gonna stop thinking so much

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, don't count on the Enterprise 'changing' with any new technology over the course of the series... we've all seen how Voyager looks EXACTLY as clean and pristene as the day she left space dock...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TrekkiEternal
Ex-Member

Hi, this is my first time (just registered and all)!

I just wanted to say that I agree with The_Tom, that just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it wasn't important. I mean, the various crews have been a little preoccupied with their own adventures. Plus, when they talk to the computer, they're looking for information relevant to their situations. Maybe nothing that will be done in Enterprise was relevant. (Interesting use of verb tenses in that last sentence there.)

But that's just me, faithfully defending Star Trek, hehe. There are, of course, always hitches and flaws in TV shows, especially in ones as involved as ST. I like to think that we fans are obligated to find and complain about as many of them as we can, then defend them against non-fans. (Maybe it's just me...?)

� TrekkiEternal

"Do you know what would really drive me wild?"
"Painting sad clown faces on my toenails?"
"Um... Of course..."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My signature is funny? It certainly wasn't meant to be...
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps