Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » The Unremarkable Enterprise (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Unremarkable Enterprise
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the board TrekkiEternal. Yes, they may have done something interesting that no one bothered to mention in the previous 3 series or movies, but they have a 7 year run and no doubt during some of that time, you'd think they'd do something historical.
Anyhow, I was more on the "future of the Trek universe" angle than going back in time to pre-BOTF and mucking with history so I'm probably a little biased, although I will give it a chance.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one said it was funny.

Someone said they "liked" it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Now that you mention it that is a pretty funny signature, never really took much notice before."

No-one said what, now?

TrekkiEternal
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome, TLE!

Yah, I thought setting it in the past was a little odd. Guess there won't be any more crossover possibilities (with the exception, of course, of the annual quota of time traveling).

I hope it's good. I'm disappointed that they haven't really given us much of a preview in the TV commercials. I want to see teasers, not just read about/find out about them online.

I hope we're not all just going to watch for good-looking cast members. (I know that's what one of my friends is doing in regards to Scott Bakula, the soon-to-be captain. And I've read somewhere here at Flare about a good-looking Vulcan T'Pau or something like that.) Focusing on Seven in
Voyager was bad enough...

� TrekkiEternal

"Note: Please do not store moisturizing cream in the refrigerator, as it can easily be mistaken for mayonnaise. Thank you, that is all."

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I hope we're not all just going to watch for good-looking cast members. (I know that's what one of my friends is doing in regards to Scott Bakula, the soon-to-be captain..."

One of your friends is casting Scott Bakula in their television show because they think he's hot? Huh.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon: Um... What? What he said made sense. What you said didn't...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It makes much more sense when the first part reads "I hope they're not just going to cast for good-looking cast members..."

Not a great deal more. And the question of why you would want to read it that way would, if answered, provide a fair amount of insight into my internal psychology.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and we all know Paramont doesn't get it's cast members for sex appeal or ratings boosts *coughs*Jeri Ryan*coughs*

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Xanthi
Ex-Member

I thought it was funny, but I have a pretty strange sense of humour
Accept my praise, I dont hand it out too often [and I didn't mean it in an offensive way]!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Werd. I laughed, too...even knowing Tim-san's predicament.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Hm... Yes, I suppose my sig can be funny, if you're not living it...
TrekkiEternal
Ex-Member

"Simon: Um... What? What he said made sense. What you said didn't..."

Um, TSN, was that "he" me? (And is Simon Sol System?)

"Yeah, and we all know Paramont doesn't get it's cast members for sex appeal or ratings boosts *coughs*Jeri Ryan*coughs*"

LOL TLE!

� TrekkiEternal

"You're the one who thinks the paperboy has a crush on you just because he rides past your house everyday!"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trekki: Yes, we are well aware of your gender. However, in order to allow the moderators to insert hidden coded messages from one to another in their posts, the odd letter has to disappear.

And the star system in which we live has been named Simon for a good twenty years or so.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Xanthi
Ex-Member

TSN> I guess so. Have you loved and lost recently? It's none of my business I know :-)

Curiousity gets the better of me! I have NO self control.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tim & I get the award for having the suck-assest love lives in the forum. Although methinks that with my reconciliation with Heather (yeah, I know that was quick...but..bonds...yeah.), he's gonna take the lead.

I look forward to making my own announcement to be cheerfully tanked with miserabality.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps