Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $ - "Fortunate Son" Spoilers - $

Author Topic: $ - "Fortunate Son" Spoilers - $
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess who's coming for dinner?

http://www.trektoday.com/news/061101_01.shtml

After a treat for the TOS fans, now the TNG fans get to see their obsure alien: the Nausicaans are back! Not nearly as thrilling as the Andorians, but I can't complain. I do hope however that the Nausicaans are at least a little different from the TNG/DS9 ones, and that their pirate ships are really crappy.

We will also see the (S.S.?) Fortunate, an Earth cargo vessel.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad they didn't make them Orion pirates...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would you want them to be different from the TNG/DS9 version? Haven't we had enough of stuff getting changed? There's certainly no reason for their look to be "updated", since they're already "modern".
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I meant the costume could be different, and perhaps some of the weapons they use. Make them even more primitive.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meh.

I should give a rat's ass. Nausicaans are just another throwaway 'monster species' No real way they could screw up continuity (unless the Nausicaans have holodecks and tractor beams) So I say show them, whatever way they want to. Wont really make much difference, and it will make them one less throwaway species and more a member of the Trek universe. Enterprise should be introducing species we already know anyway, not new ones that will mysteriously disappear before the advent of TOS.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

And they've actually done this beyond my initial expectations. The only new races we've seen are the Laurelians, the Rainbow Girls and the Rigelian (which I still think is one of the turtles ) from "Broken Bow", and the Xyrillians from "Unexpected".

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey look! Two completely different aliens!

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, they look like broken link indicators!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the TMP Rigellians were the pink lizard men, not the turtles.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lizards were the Saurians.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

capped
Member # 709

Yeah.. they were. And they looked completely different from the turtle-like alien who was called the Rigellian

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Hey! That's not fair! In my memory he looked a lot more like them!

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.