Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$ Breaking the Ice $$$ Thoughts! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$ Breaking the Ice $$$ Thoughts!
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well .. the ep played here a day early. I don't get the A-Channel and it kinda thru me for a loop when I flicked to my channel 15 to see the openning credits going. So I watched it.

Again .. Archer is like a little kid as he finds that he's following the biggest comet any human has ever seen. I know they want him to be gung-ho .. but sheesh ... it's like Mayweather has seen more than him. But anyways...

I liked this episode .. T'Pol is finally becoming part of the crew .. and the exchanges between Tucker and T'Pol were great... I like seeing that kind of intimacy (no ..not in that way)! But it is still paralleled by the relationship between the Doc and Seven... but it's a start.

They let Reed blow some more stuff up .. Gotta love that guy... and I especially found the scene where they are contacting children back home humorous...

"I'm a space-explorer, Jim, not a teacher!!"

Everyone was uncomfortable .. and I found it funny..

as I said.. I really enjoyed the ep..

Thoughts?

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
You're not gonna get any from me untill 9:00 PM tonight. That is when Enterprise ends for me.
IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think its great. Not much happened, but it wasn't boring, and every moment was very nice.

My favorite moment was when finally the mystery of the existance of the toilets got answered by "expert" Trip.

Other good scenes were the vulcan ship,
dinner with the vulcan captain, snowman on the comet, blowing up the vulcan snowman, and T'pols story was enjoyable though predicatable.

As a tech nut, i have to say the color scheme of the vulcan ships seems to be dark orange, or at least for this era, and they must be years and years ahead of the Enterprise.
Which is good, no sense everyone in this time frame are as backwards as the humans.

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: TheF0rce ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could go on and on about The FOrce's grammar, but I won't.

It was a nice episode ... some light moments ... the end sequence reminded me a bit *too* much of "Deep Impact", Paramount's '98 "Armageddon" copy.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
much good. grammar nazis piss I off.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grammar Nazi? No, I'm just a general asshole.

Mind you, I just like seeing paragraphs, and sentences, and correct punctuation ... hell, I forget what an "adverb" is ... I just like being able to *read* a post without my mind spinning like crazy.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why, thank you Jeff.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hmmm. First word capped ... my name capped ... strategic use of a comma ... even a period at the end! He's making progress!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TheF0rce
Member # 533

Thanks for the approval Jeff. Its great to know somebody cares and according to him, i'm moving on up in the world. Yay for me
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*chews through duranium/tritanium alloy hull plating*

They...they switch Enterprise with Temptation Island! That's so sick!! AAAARRRGGHHH!

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

TheF0rce
Member # 533

quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
*chews through duranium/tritanium alloy hull plating*

They...they switch Enterprise with Temptation Island! That's so sick!! AAAARRRGGHHH!

Hahaha.
Sorry i feel you.
Well maybe you can enjoy that Special Unit 2 show afterwards.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

*FAILURE!*

You failed to capitalize *I'm*.

Then you failed to capitalize *I*!

SMACK-DOWN!

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch. Nothing is worse than watching a bunch of whores f**king each other and ruining each other's lives day and night just after meeting when you are expecting to see a new Vulcan ship.

Speaking of which, what the hell was with the design? I only got a few glances at it, but the design was very un-Vulcan.

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

Well there's also that absent period following "yay for me"

Bwahahahahaha
Take that ya grammer nazi

Btw, was the Vulcans really spying on the Enterprise?
There should have been some mention of last episodes events.

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: TheF0rce ]

TheF0rce
Member # 533

I didn't really get a good look at the Vulcan ship eigther. At least the ship was orange, i don't know whether thats good ot not.

Did the ring spin? Where was that tractor beam coming out of? Where was the engines?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.