Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$ Breaking the Ice $$$ Thoughts! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$ Breaking the Ice $$$ Thoughts!
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
F0rce! At this point you are making all these typing errors on purpose, aren't you?! You're doing it just to piss Jeff off aren't you?!
IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who me? Nooooooooo

I want to get a gold star on my grammar report
honest

Oopse, "honest" isn't capitalized, there goes that star.

hehehehehe

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Sticks The FOrce on Veer's Counter-Strike team*

Taste shotgun, bitch.

*KA-BOOM!*
*KA-BOOM!*

"Counter-Terrorists Win"

(DEAD)Veers: "Doh!"

(DEAD)The FOrce: "that was suki suky"

Malnurtured Snay: "Shotty rules!"

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does the design not look Vulcan? That's the one thing everyone has been happy about: it does looks Vulcan. It's based on the Apollo-class (T'Pau-type for those in denial) from "Unification".

And the ring is the engine.

MIB
Ex-Member

hmmmmmm. I'm gonna have to get another look at it. In all honesty, I got a few glances, but those lasted about a second. But now I can watch this episode on tape and pause it! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*gets a boot to the head by Galvetron*

Galvetron: Damn it! I told you! That is my catch phrase!

Me: sorry. *mutters under his breath* What an ass.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warp engine, anyway. There's a bright glowing bar on the back that's presumably their impulse drive.

I'm curious as to where the ring was attached.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the vulcan ship looked cool; however, very Babylon 5.

It kills me, too, that the vulcan warp drive, invented by a human, is classified to the humans !!

It was a wonder earth never went to war with them... oh ya... that's right; they were enlightened!

BTW.. How was my grammar?

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No grammar nits. You didn't even spell it like the Frasier actor's last name, which is what most Grammar Cops do sooner or later (Orion's Law, I believe it's called).

It seems pretty certain, though, that the Vulcan warp drive was not invented by humans. Back in DS9 "Little Green Men", Quark gloated over the chance to see the secret of warp to the cultures of the past. He claimed that, thanks to the time-travel capability he had just gained, he could sell the tech to the past Ferengi so that they could have it "before the humans, the Klingons, even the Vulcans".

While this does not specify a date for the invention of warp by these respective races, it does make it sound as if each of them got the drive at a different time. It may be that the Vulcans invented it first, then the Klingons stole it from them, and then Cochrane invented the human version. Or perhaps all of them really stole it from somebody else, save for Cochrane. Or it may be that we can't get such accurate information out of Quark's words at all. But we *can* claim that these four races (Ferengi, Klingon, human, Vulcan) got the warp drive at different times. That is, if we trust Quark.

Timo Saloniemi

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...the vulcan warp drive, invented by a human..."

You've got to be joking...

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's based on the Apollo-class (T'Pau-type for those in denial) from "Unification".

I don't care what the Encyclopedia says...that ship we saw in Unification was NOT an Apollo class ship. The Gage model built for Emissary was an Apollo class ship.

And before Mighty Monkey of Mim starts his whining, yes I know that since the footage wasn't shown, it's not canon. But it was intended to be shown, and that's good enough for me.

Man, I wish someone had Rob Legato's email address...

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Vulcan
Member # 633

- posted      Profile for The Vulcan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This episode wasn't one of the best, but it was almost perfect, the captian could've stopped pausing after every sentence or so, when he was making a "voice" message to the children. the translator talked more smoothly

--------------------
Die please.

k, thx.

MIB
Ex-Member

I'd love to see the Gage model.

I've also heard that Bernd gave 'The Andorian Incedent' a 1 out of 10! WTF?!?!? UP YOURS BERND!!!! THE ANDORIAN INCEDENT ROCKED AND YOU KNOW IT!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MIB did you get lost? were talking about the new episode now.

Vulcans probably invented Vulcan warp drive.

Which, Quark's nebulous and unsatisfying conversational reference to Vulcan warp drive notwithstanding, we still know they had first.

In First Contact, Zefram Cochrane used Human warp drive for the first time. It caught the Vulcans attention, and they warped over to see that we had warp. How did they warp over? With their PRE EXISTING VULCAN WARP DRIVE.

sheesh.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOoookk... I was always my understanding that Cochrane discovered and invented the Warp drive and shared the technology freely.

Of course I could be mistakenly taking the book FEDERATIONS at its word... But it was my understanding that the Vulcans didn't have warp technology at first contact.

*shrug* Somebody set me straight!

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, in the book, it states that Zefram Cochrane shared the technology with the vulcans. It also clearly states that the vulcans already had warp-drive, but was so impressed with his intentions that they continued the relations with humankind.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps