Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$"Civilization"$$$$

Author Topic: $$$"Civilization"$$$$
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight, at the close of this day's show, our family watched a preview of next week's show. As Archer smooched an alien female, my mother erupted with the words, "Cliche! I am so sick and tired of this crap. All they do is cliche. Can't they think of anything new to do? Changing makeup on an actor, doing different uniforms doesn't make a series better if we get the same old crap."

I find her outburst hilarous. I understand how she feels. She's been watching Star Trek since 1966. Her outburst is still funny.

Why? She is complaining about a show that is rather insignificant. Here, we are in late 2001, revisiting the year 1964. Overseas, there is the Vietnam War without forests. Domestically, we have an administration that is fruitty as a fruit bowl. The top man, Cheney, is in hiding. His boy scout, Bush, and his cabinet are saying, "Don't worry." and "Panic" at the same time. With all this insanity around me, I hear my mother complaining about an irrelevant and twatty show.

Let's leave the complaining behind. Put your brains in a box next to your favorite chair and sofa. Sit comfortably in that chair and sofa and escape for an hour into an ideal fantasy world. In this world, there are no terrorists who want to kill you or destroy your country. There is no anthrax, no daily reports of bombings, no daily propanganda to fill the airwave. Instead, there is a courageous, handsome captain kissing a beautiful alien woman. Yep, I am all for that.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine if these boards were live in 1968 .. when Spock's Brain came over the TV..

Imagine what your mother would have to say then!!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

You know the world is different when Target Employee is urging people to sit back and enjoy a TV show as escapist entertainment and not complaning about inconsistencies and changed premises and what not.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, is the complaint supposed to be that Archer is like Kirk? Because, we all saw Archer kissing that disguised Suliban in the "Broken Bow" previews, and could have made the same assumption. But, of course, it turns out that she was the one who kissed him, and it was only to read his mind. Other than that, the only character who's even come close to "getting any" is Tucker. And he didn't even know it.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like pie. Apple and cherry most of all, but peach will do in a pinch. Mincemeat is right out, but pumpkin and/or chocolate cream makes me smile.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sol,

Please stop trying to be PsyLiam or the late Ultra Magnus. If you're PsyLiam, who is PsyLiam going to be? Tsk.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Your posts. You're trying to be Liam, it's quite obvious. Please stop, Flare is only big enough for one *PsyLiam*

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He sounds like himself to me. What's w/ the complaining? Are you turning into Monkey-boy? Going to start calling Simon a "frigging stand-up comedian"?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

No, Simon's a kill-joy ... "Gee, I like the band Live." "What?! They're mainstream! You have no taste!"

But seriously. His humor is taking a Liam slant to my perception. However, my perception might be off. So either I'm right, or I'll be "the guy who hits ten deer a day and calls Sol System 'Liam'"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're sick of Trek watch Stargate-SG1 it's such a fucking fantastic show. They just showed the season 4 finale here in Brisbane last week. OMG it was so AMAZING. GREAT STUFF! I love it! LOVE IT!

"Must be some sorta Jaffa revenging thing"

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I think Simon's and Liam's humors have always had an overlapping area.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Our areas, on the other hand, have been and always will be separate.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.