Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Brrr.... (Cold Front $) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Brrr.... (Cold Front $)
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you trying to imply TSN is my great-grandfather?

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all. I'm trying to imply TSN's great-grandson is a talking stuffed tiger.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I ever have a descendant named "Palpatine", he'd better be an interstellar emperor! It'd be a hell of an expectation to not live up to.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, TSN is my love child. I transported back in time to 1980 to do the naughty lambamba with Lexa Doig. After little Timmie conceived, I found TSN's mom and transferred the zygote Timmie into his mom by using technology I stole from 24th Century Earth. So far, no one has caught me for it, either...

Ooops. Maybe I shouldn't have told y'all that, huh?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only point I was trying to make is that Silik may not have been saving Enterprise so much because of the role it may or may not play directly, but indirectly. Or something along those lines somewhere.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said in one of the other "Cold Front" threads, I think that Silik may have staged the disaster deliberately. Through some means (maybe asking the freighter captain to take a different path through the nursery?) he managed to get Enterprise in a position that would cause it to get hit by the plasma flare. That way, he try and reason with Archer that he was not really the one Archer should be worried with since he saved Enterprise from destruction.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Siegfried: You're right; you shouldn't have told people that. Not necessarily for my sake. More because Lexa Doig was seven years old in 1980...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

'Fraid not, my son. You see, I took the present-day Lexa Doig back in time with to 1980 to do the horizontal hoedown. I didn't go back in time to 1980 to violate a first grader. Sloppy sentence construction on my part, I'll admit that.

--------------------

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Silik CAUSED the accident in the first place, only to then save the Enterprise and look like a good-guy to Archer. When they were fighting in the Jeffries Tude-area, Archer threatened Silik with his pistol and Silik said something like "Careful, Captain. You wouldn't want to cause another antimatter burst, would you?"

Sounds kinda like Silik caused the first one to me...

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might be. At least it cannot have been the intention of Silik to really destroy the ship. His master would not want that to happen, or else he'd already have ordered the ship's destruction back in "Broken Bow" when it was ridicuously easy.

From the looks of it, this FutureGuy might be trying to save the Enterprise for a special occasion. He probably has other means to his unknown yet undoubtedly nefarious end, but if they all fail like the Klingon civil war plot did, he's probably already got some sort of a long-term backup plan for which he needs an intact and possibly cooperative NX-01.

Which may be a rather stupid thing, from his point of view and from Paramount's. What is there left for the heroes to do when even the villains want to protect the ship?

Timo Saloniemi

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've asked this before, and no one at the Slipstream answered (May have something to do with the question). When Silik was talking to his contact in the future, you get a good look at the outline of the future guy. Looked like Danials to me. Anyone else notice?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If by "looked like Daniels" you mean "looked like an adult male humanoid," then yes. Otherwise, no.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daniels body with John Vernon's Voice? No, but your idea is very interesting. However even if they were able to conceive of suchg a thing, I doubt the writers would be able to implement something that clever/confusing (see: Faith of the Heart.)

It would be far less interesting if Silik actually caused the accident. Not to mention more difficult (It's a lightning strike essentially. Not too hard to influence, but one would imagine very difficult to accomplish undetected.) I prefer to think that he negated the problem due to his prescient knowledge of the event. This may heve been to perpetuate some future nefariousness, or not.

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally watched this last night, Does anyone else hate these walk through walls stuff. I mean if he could go through the wall why not through the deck underneath him. Pissed me off in the NG episode where Geordie and the girl become out of phase and they go through the walls but not the floors. Especially on a moving ship these people should just fly out the back of the ship as there is no friction to keep them moving with the ship or fiction to give them the power to move themselves though the ship.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Vernon! THAT'S who the voice sounds like. . . It's been bugging me for ages. Is it actually him who did the voice?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.