Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Brrr.... (Cold Front $) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Brrr.... (Cold Front $)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a thought: this little "save the ship" incident could explain why the NX-01 isn't on the walls in TMP and TNG -- since it was ignominiously destroyed flying into some stellar nursery less than six months into its mission, it wasn't nearly important enough to include on those historical wall-hangings.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MysteryFutureGuy = James Horan.

MinutiaeMan's theory has certainly been kicking around for a while. Of course, it's still being left unclear (wisely, I think) whether ENT takes place in an alternate timeline to existing Trek thanks either to the events of "Broken Bow" or "Cold Front" or whether the timeline alterations naturally lead to the 23rd and 24th century we already know putting ENT in the same timeline.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Vernon would be better, though. Imagine it now:

"Greg, what is the worst ship in this fleet?"

"Well that would be hard to say, sir. They're each outstanding in their own way."

"Cut the horseshit, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole cargohold of fizzies into Lake Armstrong? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the Admiral's Banquet? Every Halloween, the drydocks are filled with underwear. Every refit, the toilets explode."

"You're talking about Enterprise, sir."

"Of COURSE I'm talking about Enterprise, you TWERP!"

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be unclear in fans' minds, but it's not being left unclear by Berman and Braga... they have always indicated that Enterprise is supposed to take place in the "main" Star Trek universe. That's why, for instance, Braga agonized in an interview over visual contact with Romulans being a continuity violation. They routinely state that they're trying to make things fit, and would only break established continuity if they had a very good reason... whether or not they achieve that is, of course, a different story.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.