Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » For all the sex-starved, drooling fanboys (possible$$$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: For all the sex-starved, drooling fanboys (possible$$$$)
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one that realizes Sex is a part of human nature ?

You'd all be happy with an hour of continous technobabble , and no crew interaction outside the bridge.

Why exactly cant Vulcan females have an ounce of beauty? Can you tell me Kim Cattral AKA "Valaris" was'ent great looking ? I mean shes a babe , even now on Sex And The City , no matter what her age is , shes hot

Also , the "moo - moo" analagy , considering the average Trek Fans definition of riske , probley wont be that bad.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um who says vulcans cant be sexy?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Romulan Senate.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Can you tell me Kim Cattral AKA 'Valaris' was'ent great looking ?"

I keep seeing references to this. Am I the only one who had no idea Valeris was supposed to be "attractive"? For that matter, am I the only one who didn't think she particularly was?

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is indeed true. T'Pol will not be parading arond Enterprise in what looks like only body paint. This an excerpt from Trek Today, and was provided by Berman himself:

"T'Pol - It has now been officially confirmed that this character was originally intended to be a younger version of the Original Series character T'Pau. As T'Pol, Jolene Blalock will be playing a "sensual young woman," similar to Valeris in 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.' Despite what Trek archivist Richard Arnold recently suggested, she will not be dressed in a catsuit, but rather as a Vulcan officer. Even while dressed conservatively, she will still have to work hard to earn the respect of her fellow crew members. "Our captain, as well as most of the other Starfleet people we'll come to know, does have a certain animosity towards the Vulcans."

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've always thought that Kim Cattral was sexy. But, that could be due to the first I ever saw her in a movie. It was called Porky's and she was having sex with the men's basketball coach in the men's locker room.

When I first heard the rumors that her outfit was going to be tighter than Jeri Ryan's I'll admit I wasn't too happy about it either. Especially since Vulcans have always seem to be sexually and physically conservative, in my opinion of course. Knowing that she isn't going to be just the token eye candy relieves quite a bit.

And Dr. Obvious, sex is a part of human nature. I just don't think it's something that dictates Vulcan clothing behavior. After all, they live on a hot desert world. It seems logical to me that they'd wearing baggy flowing clothing to protect their skin much like our Arab nomads do in the Sahara. Sex isn't bad; it's just not in the Vulcan clothing logic.

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

The Human Nature comment was targeted more towards those people that thought putting sex on TV as a "sleasy" or "wrong" things to do , but i agree

Of course a more revealing outfit would help her mix in with the humans...

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why quote the paraphrase on Trek Today, when you can quote Berman himself from TVGuide? :-)

Berman: "...T'Pol. She's played by Jolene Blalock, who is not only a great actress but also a whole lot of wonderful lady to look at."

TVGuide: "Which is a sore subject with a lot of Web Trekkers. They're having trouble with the concept of T'Pol being 'Enterprise' version of Seven of Nine. Granted, Blalock is a major dish, but how sexy can�or should�a stoic, emotionless Vulcan be?"

Berman: "Well, Kim Cattrall was a pretty damn sexy Vulcan, so I don't think we're starting anything new. T'Pol is certainly going to be a sensual young woman."

Oh boy. The first officer is going to be Playvulcan's Playmate of the Year of 2150...

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Velaris was suposed to be sexy??

I guess it was the mole. And the whole trying trying to sabotage galactic peace. I don't know about the rest of you, but that's kind of a turn off for me.

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[not my fault! goddamn internet connection and crappy computer!]

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

Chicks with power and plans man , thats a huge turn on

Valeris has that subtle Beauty , no one says you have to dress like a slut to be beautiful.

All I'm saying is that since TOS , Trek has capitalized on the "Sex Sells" thoery , from Orion Slave Girls to , Kirks weekly hotties , Kirks Shirtless escapades , the afore mentioned Uhura skirts , of course Troi , Dax and the most blatant of all , Seven Of Nine.

Its Part of Trek and part of SciFi

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Stingray: And the way they cut her hair. Am I imagining things, or did they actually shave some of it off in front of her ears?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, I noticed that in Star Trek 6, too. The makeup artists did shave her sideburns off for the movie. That's kinda odd since usually the artists just little points on the sideburns.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who's seen Kim Cattrall's other work would think Valeris is sexy.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps