Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » First glimipse at Enterprise sets

Author Topic: First glimipse at Enterprise sets
Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently Mediatrek has the upfront presentation that paramount uses to intice in advertising. In the film clip, which is 25 mb, has interviews with production staff in front of the sets.
its at
http://www.mediatrek.com/scfihq/videos/enterprise/promos/UPN/videos/enterprise_upfront1.zip

and had to many user when I tried. Any comments thoughts etc (if/when you get it)

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: Hunter ]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pair of rather useless stills:
Mr. Rush, of the regal camera
Mr. Zimmerman, of the mighty drawing board

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pair of rather useless stills:
Mr. Rush, of the regal camera
Mr. Zimmerman, of the mighty drawing board

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, those two stills show the grand total of everything that's to be seen. They also show Rick Berman, but he's just on a black background. Everything else is clips from the other shows and movies.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
I find the first still of Mr. Rush informative. This still shows, if this is the bridge of the S.S. Enterprise, that the bridge is smaller than later Starfleet bridges and that the color of choice is beige. And the controls don't look too ridiculous. They look functional and a few generations away from our present day technology.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno if the bridge set is really *smaller*, though it could easily be so. For all we know, there could be a linear design instead of the circular one we're used to. Also, if you look at the right side of the pic, there seems to be a monitor in the console he's leaning against. It looks like a flip-up version, or a derivation of today's flatscreen monitors.

I'm also interested in the placement of the button consoles. THey seem kida haphazardly placed, with irregular spacing between the panels. That seems odd, considering the space constraints on today's space vessels and the relative order seen in stuff like the ISS, and even in the E-nil. This may say something for the origin of the Pre-E. Interesting.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Cece
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I also had some trouble when trying to access the promotional clip for the new ST series. There is a way around this,

1. download Gozilla from www.gozilla.com

2. click on the link, allow the "action cancelled" page to pop up

3. Gozilla will then open a new window a deadlink recovery page, follow the instructions on this page and you have it.

Looks good.

IP: Logged
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I think it looks cool, but yeah, the control arrangement... Reminds me of the Motion Picture bridge consoles and how the panels were arranged on that. Odd shapes with odd spaces and odd buttons. God knows how many times I tried to come up with something more ergonomic.

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: Daniel ]

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps