Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » I just shat my pants! (Shockwave, no spoilers)

Author Topic: I just shat my pants! (Shockwave, no spoilers)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Everyone: Please, please, please, keep the spoilers out of here. The episode deserves that much))

After dozens upon dozens of problems with my IRC copy, finally got the bugger downloaded.

Sweet Virgin Mary, was it ever worth it.

Best hour of Trek in years. It grabs you by the balls right out of the gate and keeps roaring along at an Alias-ish pace all the way through. There's some great character stuff for everyone, plenty of nifty VFX, and finally we get to see Bakula's much-balyhooed acting chops put to work.

I'm sure Mark will give us the Tech rundown tomorrow morning, so I'll stay off the subject. Let's just say that there is one particular little bit where freeze-framing the VCR shows a few nods at Trek-to-come that are rather cool. The Art Department clearly loves us.

But more than anything, this episode shows that TPTB love us. It's truly great script (more than a few great lines) and was truly well-executed (director Allan Kroeker's kinky love affair with the situation room table continues, as does his funky use of handheld, plus some groovy production design design in one particular alien set, plus Dennis McCarthy didn't make the music suck again, plus someone decided to actually animate the blinky light on the turbolift [Smile] .)

Does it get the +7 treatment? No. It gets +6, plus a ticket stub to be redeemed for the leaping into the super-exclusive +7 club should I still salivate over this episode like I am now in a year or two.

--------
+7 FLAWLESS | A+ ***** 10.0 --
+6 PANTS-WETTINGLY SPECTACULAR | A+ ****/ 9.5 ---
+5 WOW! | A **** 9.0 ----
+4 PRETTY DAMN GOOD | A- **** 8.5 ------
+3 DECENT | B+ ***/ 8.0 ---------
+2 SOLID | B *** 7.5 ------------
+1 WILL DO, I GUESS... | B- *** 7.0 --------------
0 MEDIOCRE | C+ **/ 7.0 ---------------
-1 SUB-PAR | C ** 6.5 --------------
-2 WASTE OF AN HOUR | C- ** 6.0 ------------
-3 STOMACHABLE... BARELY | D+ */ 5.5 ---------
-4 JUST PLAIN BAD | D * 5.0 ------
-5 A PAINFUL, DISMAL MESS | F * <5.0 ----
-6 KNITTING-NEEDLES-IN-EYES AWFUL | F / <4.0 ---
-7 MAKES LIFE A LITTLE LESS WORTHWHILE | F none <2.0 --
--------

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so now that we got the unspoiled version, let's start a parallel full-spoiler thread, pretty please! [Smile]

Timo Saloniemi

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So is it the best episode so far for ENT? What does it compare to?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like fun. It usually takes two/three days for those YG DivX5s leak to KaZaA.. I'll make an exception and not read reviews/spoilers for once.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking forward to Saturday (when I get Enterprise) more than ever now...

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"plus someone decided to actually animate the blinky light on the turbolift" anytime they do this, you KNOW it's going to be a good "fucking" episode.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hoshi had that one last week.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH. SWEET. JESUS.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.