Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Broken Bow welcomes you...

Author Topic: Broken Bow welcomes you...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When the rumoured title of the pilot first leaked, I thought myself oh-so-clever when I speculated it was an awful pun based on Captain Archer's name...

The scene I had imagined was that at some point within the episode, with the ship disabled and captain powerless, evil villain (TM) remarks to our fearless leader "I would appear that the Archer has broken his bow..."

Anyway, rumours of where the Klingon crash-lands have skitted about for a while, with some early rumours saying the scenes concerned would be shot on an LA beach, and others saying it takes place in Sinkiang, China or some other Chinese province (can't remember the name), (a welcome change from the show's pervasive Americentricism), but alas word is now percolating that the Klingon crash lands in Oklahoma, of all places. He's a Rogers and Hammerstein fan, evidently.

And what does this have to do with the title? Well, everything.

Point the first:
Could the actual location of the crashlanding have such an effect on the plot that it's significant enough to turn up in the title?

Point the second:
Might the Oklahoma rumour have been fabricated by someone who knew of the existence of Broken Bow, OK, and tried to cash in on the title being the same?

Point the third:
Should the people of Broken Bow consider investing in concrete bunkers?

Hit me.

In any case, I've fired off an email to the Chamber of Commerce and hopefully won't make too much of an ass of myself.

Thoughts?

[ June 20, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of all the places a Klingon had to land, it would have to be directly between Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. "These men in white robes are obviously some sort of ceremonial welcoming committee. They wish to honour my prowess as a warrior!"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the Klingon lands in a Chinese village whose translated name is "Broken Bow".

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't they just crash on top of the white house? That would be so grand!
IP: Logged
Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who says it has to be a crash point? With enough momentum and a good helmsman they could get the White House, Capitol Hill and even that big spike...
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For realisms sake he should crash into the Pacific ocean

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why? Just because the Pacific is big, that doesn't mean everything that crashes into the planet will hit it...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. He should crash in the Thames. And then maybe he could take in a show up the West End. I hear Klingons are fond of Annie.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*imagines "Tomorrow" being sung in Klingon*

A Klingon version of the play would give new meaning to Annie's threat that Mr. Warbucks would eat the livers of the villians.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow,
Tomorrow,
Is a good
Day to die...

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"A hard knock life" might be a better fit...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's a ribbed-fore-head for us. . ."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps