Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » More potential plot summaries for "Broken Bow" ($$$ as usual) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More potential plot summaries for "Broken Bow" ($$$ as usual)
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Section 31:

http://www.section31.com/stories/june-2001/062501_b.htm

Sounds interesting, but I'm kinda nervous about that whole "unseen enemy from another time" thing. It sounds like the year-old rumors of a 29th century baddie traveling back in time to prevent the birth of the Federation could be true...anyone remember "Time Traxx"?

It also rings of "the Phantom Menace," which is even worse.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
My reaction-

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, for a century, they barely managed to best the speed of light, and suddenly they managed to jump to 125c?
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One wonders if the most recent references speak of TOS warp speeds or Okuda warp speeds... At TOS speeds, warp 5 would indeed be 125c, while an Okudaic warp 5 means 214c. Still, if we take that "a hundred times faster than earlier ships" thing literally, it would mean the old ships couldn't even do warp 2, on either scale. So if Cochrane wanted to visit Vulcan personally, he'd better put aside a spare decade or two...

In any case, warp 5/125c (214c) is an improvement over the so far dreaded warp 4/64c (102c). A typical interstellar hop of ten lightyears shouldn't take two months (one month), but just one (2.5 weeks). Heck, at Okudaic speeds, the ship *could* go from star to star within the time allotted for a typical episode!

Timo Saloniemi

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um... has it occured to anyone that a particular ep might very well last a month? Or that perhaps it's designed to be an arc-based series, and that it'll take 'em half the season to get that Klingon home?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won't put my money on that

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me either..

Y'know, I'm kinda disappointed in this. Star Trek doesn't HAVE to be all about time travel, and yet "Enterprise" is already pulling a "Voyager" by having the evil, recurring character being from the future.

I don't mind the odd time travel story, but Voyager really got annoying with them. It's not what Trek's about, to me.

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the other hand, it is what Star Trek is about to a good deal of the general market. Consider the plots of the most profitable films.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
a Matrix-style slow-motion fight scene in the aforementioned temporal chamber? Prostitues? Pimps? WTF is this shit? And the star ship will be capable of Warp 5. I'm assuming that is under the old warp scale, so that would mean that the ship actually has a max speed of Warp 4. Maybe less on the new warp scale we all know and love! However. If that is the case, then the trip to the Klingon homeworld is gonna take a good while. Unless the crew finds a shortcut somewhere, the first couple of seasons is gonna be about the journey to and from the Klingon homeworld!
IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if they're actually going to use the old scale again... It's going to be very confusing for a lot of TNG era fans.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um...how would they ever notice?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Do you sit there, watching TOS or the first six movies, and, whenever anything goes into warp, scream "I don't understand what speed they are going at! My brain doesn't work! Arrrrgghhhh! They've gone to warp 13! Why aren't they turning into fish?"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because they're turning into amphibians instead. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which are close cousins of the family of Fishius Watericus, so he wasn't too far off.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've never actually seen Threshold. For this I am truelly saddened.

No, wait, not saddened. Delighted. That's what I meant.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps