Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$Marauders$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$Marauders$$$
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might just be that im a bit skeptical, but remember when the Klingons transported in the first time they set coordinates for the exact center of town....... well the second tim ethey beamed in, if they didnt scan, they would have been at the old center of town....

If that isn't enough for you then forget that and think about this, after Archer saw that they beammed into the center of town couldnt he put a torpedo right in th middle of town and as soon as they began to materialize detonate it ? wouldnt that have been eaiser to configure than moving the whole god damn town?

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i wasnt too specific on my second idea, i meant for archer to have put the torpedo on the second klingon beam down, because he didnt have advanced notice about the first.

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your argument is heinously flawed. For Archer to detonate a torpedo when the Klingons beamed down would mean that the Klingons would be killed. And as everyone knows, nobody is ever actively killed in Enterprise. Yes, the Klingons will live to return another day, once the NX-01 is long gone, and obliterate that deuterium mining colony, and then go on to pester some other colony.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While the above was at least quasi-facetious, it would seem rather unlike Starfleet to vaporize the bad guys outright.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^Especially since this is the true "armed scientist" period of Starfleet. once TOS kicks in, them Starfleet officers aren't so spineless.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although, I did find it amusingly ironic when T'Pol herself said something along the lines of "...the only way to prevent the Klingons from raiding the colony permanently, will be to kill them."
Then later on, she pointed out that these particular Klingons probably don't even answer to the high council, and thus are renegades.

In a way, this implies that the logical Vulcan solution, if they had thought it through would be to kill them, since it would have no diplomatic repercussions. As we know from the second Andorian episode, Vulcans of these period don't shy away from brute force to solve problems [Smile]

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or Vulcan Kung-fu for that matter...
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always figured Vulcans would be into martial arts and all that zen stuff.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...Something that Tuvok, a Vulcan security officer, made no mention of in seven years. He musta been going through pon farr during that course in sigh school.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Sarek was an adept at Tal Shaya(sp?) so vulcan martial arts arent't new.

Oh, and mark Sigh School? I thought that Vulcans were more in to arching their eyebrows than sighing

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's NOT a spelling mistake. Tuvok sighed in almost every scene he shared with Neelix. It's not just an art; it's a science.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For it is easier to sigh than to arch an eyebrow..

This is the first statment said by the sigh instructor....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So? An arched eyebrow can do everything from 'Hmmm,intresting' to 'You really are full of it, aren't you?' what can a sigh do huh?

And thank you, Mark I shall now have to watch every scene with Tuvok and Neelix to see if your right [Smile] .

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The quit annoying me our I'll go off you your ass Neelix thing.... Very useful when dealing with Neelix...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed this as soon as I saw it, but completely forgot to make note of it.

Trip's kind gift of a complete set of schematics for the NX-01 was very thoughtful (and something that some of us here would kill for! [Wink] ), but not very smart at all. Why, just a few weeks ago we encountered Romulans, an unknown enemy. And we also know that there are Klingons in the region. And who knows how many other hostile races there could be?

I predict that the next time the Enterprise gets in a firefight, the enemy ship will immediately target the ship's weakest spots, and Archer and Tucker will be pondering how the aliens managed to get their hands on a complete set of schematics while the ship explodes around them...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.