Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$Marauders$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$Marauders$$$
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember the word complete mentioned on screen.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, that would be dumb.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, having a drawing of the ship is hardly something that would require a full PADD to give away... Trip could've printed something out to give to the kid instead. We've already seen them using paper in a few other situations.

Heck, for that matter, what kind of problems could be created just by leaving the PADD itself behind? There's an upcoming episode called "The Communicator" that deals with that very issue -- someone leaving their walkie-talkie behind. What's the difference with a palmtop computer with an Apple G47 processor?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmph.. so he included some Time magazine downloads and .JPGs of some hull beauty shots. kinda like those 'image disks' they used to sell at conventions where, before the days of search engines when enterprising fanboys would scan or DL as many pics they could find, compile them onto 3.5 disks and sell them to non-internet-knowledgable people. i recall buying one, around 1994, with a bunch of old .GIFs on them.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The point, though, is the definition of "schematics." Around here, it's usually in reference to the orthographic views of starships. However, in the engineering sense the term applies to the inner workings of a machine. That's what I figured would be more logical (sort of) given the situation.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, if you think about it, Trip's giving the kid those schematics and that PADD was brilliant (for Enterprise's premise, that is). I mean, what better resons to eventually adopt a policy of non-interference than to have this crew constantly giving away their technology and have it come back to bite them in the ass later?

Of course, we all know that that wasn't what the writers were thinking, but hey, we're smarter than they are.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

capped
Member # 709

of course, if the miners deal with the Klingons, then there's the possibility their tech is more advanced then the Terran's anyway.. i mean, they do probably see a lot of warp capable ships drop by in their jobs as deuterium refiners.. chances are a lot of them are as advanced or more than the NX-01

BTW, wearing rank pins on your collar is sooooo TNG.. [Razz]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you're resurrecting an old thread...

quote:
Originally posted by The Captain Who Will Not Be Named:
hmph.. so he included some Time magazine downloads and .JPGs of some hull beauty shots. kinda like those 'image disks' they used to sell at conventions where, before the days of search engines when enterprising fanboys would scan or DL as many pics they could find, compile them onto 3.5 disks and sell them to non-internet-knowledgable people. i recall buying one, around 1994, with a bunch of old .GIFs on them.

Didn't have any pics of the Trinculo on it, by any chance, did it? [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

capped
Member # 709

yeeeeah... well. i just downloaded a lot of eps so i figured it was old enough to not require a new thread..

never seen the trinculo tho.. maybe it exists only in our minds, hearts and dreams

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps