Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Sweet merciful shiat! ($$$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sweet merciful shiat! ($$$$)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tholianischaner!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
uh-oh

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get the whole "Tholianischaner" bit. May I please get some enlightenment?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*shrug*
I wanted to write something nonspecific to link with and had a mild attack of Teutonicism. Anyway, this is, like, the best news in some time. Even Moore never got around to getting the Tholians back.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it is German for Tholianianian!

and i am happy!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least this should FINALLY dispell that awful misconception that "The Tholian Web" was the first contact with this race.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well any readers of Star Trek: The Early Voyages know that conflict with the Tholians was a longstanding issue.. especially when the Tholians started using the Chakuun as shocktroops

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm both eagerly awaiting and totally dreading this encounter. First off, I think that the portrayal of the Andorians in "Enterprise" is one of the few things that I unconditionally like about the show. I'm hoping that they might succeed with the Tholians as well.

But I'm dreading this because the Tholians are literally the most mysterious menace in the Trek universe, because they've only been seen once yet hinted at so many times. I'm afraid that anything we see will simply not live up to our hopes and expectations.

Still, this story sounds intriguing...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They seem to avoid saying whether or not the Tholians are actually visible in the episode. I sure hope they don't do that "big floating diamond" portrayal I've seen...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

The Shane Johnson thing? Yeah, that was pretty meh.

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

the big floating diamond thing wasnt as bad as the squat stocky diamond-men with stubby arms and legs that DC comics featured..
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since there's neither a mention of any extensive CG work involving actors, nor a credit for "Commander Loskene Sr.," my bet would be that none appear in person. Which sort of makes sense, considering their environment, though we did hear about the Tholian ambassador to the UFP visiting DS9 a few times, as I recall. Special encounter suits! Tholians! Wedge ships! Trans-temp

*explodes*

capped
Member # 709

oh dear. he's gone and done it again.. I..

*dies*

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well is this a step up for ENT, it might be...unless the tholians are a peacefull friendly race...
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Warbadden Hawkins:
Well is this a step up for ENT, it might be...unless the tholians are a peacefull friendly race...

Oh, of course we wouldn't want that! We wouldn't want "Star Trek" to turn into a show about peaceful coexistence and mutual understanding, would we?

[Roll Eyes]

It's occurred to me that perhaps the reason there are no Tholian actors credited is because they'll be CGI characters? Probably on the viewscreen, but still CGI. I just hope that we're not given a lame jag-off excuse like what we're being given for the Romulans, as in "Minefield."

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.