Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Sweet merciful shiat! ($$$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sweet merciful shiat! ($$$$)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, the directing credits go in the BEGINNING, at the opening of the first act. I also saw her name listed in the closing credits, and not for the director's role.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
meanwhile, Majel Barrett got credit for a great deal of the TNG episodes, in the closing credits, for voicing the computer. but then again, Judson Scott asked that his name be removed from all credits for The Wrath of Khan because he was disappointed with the final result of his role as Joachim. Its situational.
Sorak
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for Sorak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
unless the tholians are a peacefull friendly race...
Maybe they originally were, then Archer pissed 'em off, like he does with so many other races, and that's how the war started...

quote:
...Not to mention T'Pol calmly freaking out.
Vulcans are good at that, aren't they? Personally, I loved that scene.

--------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class Sorak
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Gemini NCC-74680
Task Force 44
Task Group 3
Bravo Fleet

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/230103_01.shtml

It seems the Tholians are involved in the Time War. Does anyone have the slightest clue what the heck this "Cold War" is supposed to be about? It would be nice to know what we're watching [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh... I like the looks of this. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be nice if it turned out to be an Aeon-type fighter. Or would it. . ?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My hope is for it to be an amazingly advanced shuttlecraft from the distant 2260s.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have the exact dialogue from "The Tholian Web"? I remember that Commander Loskene appeared on screen in a very mysterious fashion (oh well, the score may have made it appear mysterious), and that the crew were watching in awe. There was something about entering Tholian territory, and the Enterprise didn't know about that. Is there anything that would have to be interpreted as a first contact?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure which side of the argument you're taking there, Bernd. I'm 50 miles away from my copy of the episode, but the usual reason given for that not being the first contact between the Tholian Assembly and the UFP is Spock's "the renowned Tholian punctuality" line. And the general feeling in the episode, as I took it was "Oh no, Tholians!" and "They're spinning that damn web thing." more than "Who the heck are these guys?"

That the area of space was claimed by the Tholians was not apparently known, but then they didn't seem like the kind of people who felt overly obligated to keep their neighbors informed about such activities, and it was a fairly out of the way region of space.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Be nice if it turned out to be an Aeon-type fighter. Or would it. . ?

Yeah, this "temporal spy plane" does sound a lot like an Aeon. Maybe we'll find out what role Braxton's contemporaries are playing in the Temporal Cold War.

Canonically. [Wink]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
My hope is for it to be an amazingly advanced shuttlecraft from the distant 2260s.

I wonder if they'll ever bring TOS-era tech into the show and make it believably more advanced.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The impression I got from "The Tholian Web" was that the Tholians were making a unilateral claim to the area of space that the Enterprise was in, and the Enterprise was either uninformed, or the Federation rejected that claim.

I'm kind of intrigued, especially about potentially getting other races involved in this Temporal Cold War. (Whatever the heck it is, anyway.)

(BTW, did anyone notice the article about them considering the Gorn now, too? Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing...)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And the general feeling in the episode, as I took it was "Oh no, Tholians!" and "They're spinning that damn web thing." more than "Who the heck are these guys?"
So they may have been troubled because they knew the Tholians, and not because they didn't. Makes sense to me.

In "Arena", on the other hand, Kirk had no idea who the Gorn were.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

But you have to admit, seeing the Gorn done with modern makeup and/or CGI would be interesting at the very least.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW, did anyone notice the article about them considering the Gorn now, too? Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing...)
I think that's a good idea. It would be cool, if the Gorn boarded the Enterprise and stunned everyone. One crewmember wakes up and rescues the ship but the crew will never find out who the aliens were, so that Kirk can make official first contact a century later.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps