Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/200203_03.shtml

To quote Q: May whatever god you believe in have mercy on your soul.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uhh, this may turn out to be phenomenally bad...

But it still isn't exactly canon-busting material. Starfleet is known for keeping dirty secrets even from itself. Let's just hope that the encounters will stay on the X-Files level, ambiguous enough that they could be "explained away" in an official report of the kind Scully would write. At this stage, Earth officials should still view most of the tall tales of outer space monsters with extreme sceptiscm.

Cute idea to have the "First Contact" sphere crash on Earth, if that's what the writers imply. Sure, it seemed to get blowed up real good - but some shrapnel could still have survived the fall.

Timo Saloniemi

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shrapnel, yes - drones, no.

Big f*cking sigh.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Horrendously stupid.
...as if Picard, Data, Worf and Riker are all too stupid to scan for stuff that would contaminate the timeline further.... [Roll Eyes]

...and after I just told everyone last night how the show's "finally coming around"....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
as if Picard, Data, Worf and Riker are all too stupid to scan for stuff that would contaminate the timeline further
Especially considering how careful they where regarding masking their warp trail from the Vulcan ship.

So will this tie in to the temporal cold war, which may offer some scant justification, or is this going to be a pure stunt?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, they've already exhausted all the "fresh" venues a Pre-Kirk franchise might open, then...

I thought that would hold until season 5, the haunted season.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder. . . There's a lot of Earth-based action here, and they're going to try to tie in the NX-01 as well? Is this a real, definite confirmed report?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far, these act-by-act treatises have been pretty reliable. And the lead time is rather long this time, but not exceptionally so.

IMHO, Picard had no time for a mop-up operation in "First Contact". The Vulcans were already breathing down on their necks, and hiding in the Moon's gravitic shadow probably only works against one ship at a time.

One wonders if the "FC" era Vulcans were already familiar with transporter signatures. When the crew beamed up, they took something of a risk - why not depart significantly earlier or later? Perhaps transporters couldn't have been detected by the Vulcans, so some sort of a mop-up could have been done with them after all.

But let's give the writers the benefit of doubt here. Picard thought he had destroyed the Sphere for good, but his ship's relevant sensors might have been down at the time, like the shields were. And perhaps a few dead Drones in a piece of twisted metal amidst the fallout of the WWIII nuke that was supposed to remove Anchorage but missed isn't that easily observable from orbit?

Timo Saloniemi

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
(break for breath)
please please please please please please please please please please please please...

PLEASE tell me it will not happen?
I had that feeling, too, that Enterprise was indeed "finally coming around".... and they pop up with something like that?

What next? Glorious space battles with Remans? Negotiating cease fire between Bajorans and Cardassians? Discovery of wormhole and some strange black, bald, bearded guy in futuristic StarFleet uniform inside? Or maybe whole crew of the Enterprise will be put on trial by some omnipotent being? Or swept away to the Delta Quadrant by giant space station?

Oh sincerely hope that this Borg script is not true.
Yes, I know, I'm judging whole episode before it is even written, but I just don't wan't them anymore. It is bad enough with FC ruining their image...

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Continuity issues aside...I'm so very tired of the Borg.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see the logic in this story. This is like the alien egg aboard the Sulaco in Aliens 3. The queen wasn't laying eggs when she attacked Ripley and her adopted daughter. How does this apply to Star Trek?

In First Contact, the sphere was destroyed outside Earth's atmosphere. If any debris survived from the explosion, it would surely have been destroyed upon reentry with the planet's atmosphere. There is no evidence for the Borg cyber-suits having extreme flame retardation. Instead, we have seen the suits have vulnerablities which accounts for the necessity of a full body shield.

This is yet another example of very poor science in Star Trek. [Mad]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the "fuck"!?

I don't have words for such a horribly bad idea. Screw the Borg! I don't care about the Borg! Let me remind you:

quote:

pre�quel
n.
A literary, dramatic, or cinematic work whose narrative takes place before that of a preexisting work or a sequel.

Got that? Good.

Let us all hope that the last episode of Enterprise will reset everything that has happened since FC.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everything's already been said before me, unfortunately. But I can't believe how bad this is... less than two seasons into the show, and Berman and Braga already can't resist resorting to bringing in the Borg!

This makes me feel sick...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what would be a GREAT episode!?

What about if they develop a shuttle that could go warp 10!? WOULDN'T THAT BE THE BESTEST EPISODE EVARR!?!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

Or what about, if they get a supermega Type XIIXVVCCC Phasor from teh futar? THEY COUDL KICK SOME BORG BUTT ASS!!

Or, what if they have TEH NAKED TPOLL!L!!! OMG VULCAN PR0N LOL!1!

And this concludes a fascinating look behind the scenes.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ARGH! Here we were, just BARELY getting used to ENTs univrse, and they pull this CRAP on us?!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps