Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » TOS Version of Enterprise NX-01 ?!?! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TOS Version of Enterprise NX-01 ?!?!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*looks at profile* Ah, you're in the UK. Excellent. This makes it easy for me to hunt you down like a dog. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
*looks at profile* Ah, you're in the UK. Excellent. This makes it easy for me to hunt you down like a dog. 8)

Sorry, but I just don't like TOS. [Razz]

Spock's Brain
The Way to Eden
Requiem for Methuselah
And the Children Shall Lead
The Omega Glory
For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Charlie X

etc etc

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Infidel! How dare you take the name of thy Father in vain? [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starship Class?
Every single ship the same design?
Tacky uniforms that no navy would be seen dead in?
Polystyrene rocks?
Scantily clad women round every corner?
Constant use of Security Guards when they always get shot/vaporised/eaten by killer plants?
Space Hippies?
Warp 647?
No warp core?
Only 3 characters, with some token extras?
Not even knowing what organisation they work for half the time?

Sorry, it may be a stupid idea and have Quantum-Leap-Guy as the captain, but i'll take Enterprise any day [Smile]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can have my portion as well [Razz]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..and mine. Actually, I don't mind Enterprise, it's OK (or at least the ones I remembered to watch were), but I'm firmly in the Starfleet Museum camp [Big Grin] . I've never been especially fond even of the Akira class and I just don't like the E-nil, even without all the continuity errors.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Starship Class?
Polystyrene rocks?
Constant use of Security Guards when they always get shot/vaporised/eaten by killer plants?
Space Hippies?
Warp 647?
No warp core?
Not even knowing what organisation they work for half the time?"

You seem to have a strange understanding of what the show was all about...

Phoenix
Member # 966

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Starship Class?
Polystyrene rocks?
Space Hippies?
Warp 647?
No warp core?
Not even knowing what organisation they work for half the time?"

You seem to have a strange understanding of what the show was all about...

I enjoy watching TOS. The characters (those that get developed that is) are amusing and interesting. The stories are usually entertaining (except the ones which try to preach a moral message). However, I don't think its realistic at all, and it doesn't fit in with how all the other Treks present the future. So I am perfectly happy to watch it, and enjoy it, but I just can't reconcile it being in the same universe as the others, especially now Enterprise is here.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Charlie X" is good TV.

Well, sort of. It is not aggressively bad, I think, as certain others on that list are.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might be retrending on old 2001 issues here, but after rereading Bernd's little rant on the subject, really got me thinking.

How come everyone who hates or just generally dislikes the show's look always have to look at the Daedalus and the E-nil for a comparison. Look, both designs came from the 1960's, and both of them were built on a rather low budget to begin with. The Daedalus class model is of real low quality.

So if we were to design something that looks like a 22nd design, should it look like a real smooth rocket with nacelles on it? I mean is it really far fetched that perhaps the Akira class perhaps is using some design elements to achieve what other designs cannot? The NX class cheats to get up to Warp 5, whereas, E-Nil and up do not (or at least we do not know about it).

In the Flying Wing and B-2 pic, the designers fell back on that design to use some of the elements to creat the stealth bomber. Not only that the JSF, possesses two plane designs, and from the looks of it, they have picked the F-35 design because it's not that harmful to look at.

I guess that's the end of my little rant.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I have doubts about the look of Enterprise, I just keep the following phrase in mind:

"Enterprise does not happen 100 years before TOS; it happens 100 years AFTER First Contact."

That helps make things a little clearer for me, in terms of looks. It's all about perspective.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
It's all about perspective.

In that case, I need to start coloring my perspective with a couple shots of hard liquor everytime I watch show.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to point out that, canonically, sphere-and-cylinders ship != Daedalus.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if we're going down that route, the only time we've ever seen the spere and cylinders ship is as a desktop model, and for all we know Sisko was just a really, really crap model builder. Perhaps it never even existed as a real starship.

Which would be a good thing. It is as bad as "And the Children Shall Lead".

But, when was warp 647?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never was that warp....wasn't something like warp 14 or 15 the highest achieved?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps