Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » I just saw Minefield (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I just saw Minefield
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I think that was the point. If someone mispronounced "Mintakan" or something, your average television viewer wouldn't know it until the other characters said something. If someone mispronounces "Klingon", though, Joe Couchpotato can say to himself "ha-ha, that dork said 'Klingon' wrong; what a moron".

I suspect their intentions were not so that people would think the admiral was stupid, but more so that the audience would understand that 'Klingons' were not common knowledge in the timeframe of this new show. It's pretty clever actually, because it's pretty funny and in two lines of dialogue very succinctly establishes this as pre-TOS.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.