Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Noooooo!!!!! 22nd Century confirmed for Series V. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Noooooo!!!!! 22nd Century confirmed for Series V.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The official site confirms 22nd Century (21xx) for Series V. http://www.startrek.com/production/seriesv/articles/051601.html

I guess that's it then. So long and thanks for all the fish!

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck.

------------------
Phasers

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

GOOD!!!

What would a post-VOY show do but suck as much as VOY? The 24th Century is all mined out, folks. Frankly, unless they mixed up the content somehow (ala Andromeda) for a "future" show, they'd be stuck.

Pre-TOS is good! It shakes up the formula.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited May 17, 2001).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Continuity will go down the drain because of it.

Knowing Brannon "who gives a fuck's sake about continuity?" Braga

------------------
"Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to me whining "Where is our funding"? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care"
- The President of the United States of America, The Long Kiss Goodnight

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm willing to give them a change and see if they have actually learned something...

Although I like futuristic stuff better, I'm still going to see the Enterprise pilot no matter what it will be like.

------------------
"I don't poke my head into business world too much. All I care about is making the show. And naked stuff."

- Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

crobato
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 

24th century mined out for stories? That's like saying the 20th century is mined out for stories.

The only thing mined out is the creativity of the Berman-Braga team.

We're only going to have a pre-TOS Voyager quality series, folks.

The cast list already shows a lack of innovation and full of derivation. It's your generic Starfleet cast---white male captain, a vulcan, an asian, other white males, blah blah blah. Aw geez, the first episode which already has two or three continuity violations and gets to meet the Klingons (boring and creatively bankrupt race already), then flies to Quo'nos in a jiffy on leaky warp 4 and under starship. The casting already reflects a lack of creativity and is trying to compensate by the usual means---star power (Bakula) and boobs (Joleh whatever). It's easy to predict how many minutes in the show before Sam Becket, not Jonathan Archer, takes over the Enterprise.

IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And who the fuck says it has to be 24th Century anyway? It could have been 25th, or 26th. . . etc.

------------------
Phasers

MIB
Ex-Member

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! DEAR GOD NO!!!!!!! PARAMOUNT!! I HATE YOU!!!!! I WISH ALL YOUR SOUND STAGES WOULD BLOW UP AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH *starts banging head against the wall*

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

[This message has been edited by MIB (edited May 17, 2001).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You get a lot better flashes if you bang your head against the CORNER of the wall...

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

MIB
Ex-Member

Thanks for the tip. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! BERMAN!!!! I WANT YOU DEAD!!!!!! *starts banging head against a corner of the wall*

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh... I thought when they announced this we'd finally stop hearing people clinging to their fruitless hopes of a non-prequel series. Instead, we just get to listen to everyone complain!

------------------
Quintesson 1: "It is a day so long in coming that I am uncertain how to celebrate it."
Quintesson 2: "Perhaps a quiet chuckle..."
Quintesson 1: "Very well, then. Let us... chuckle."
Quintessons: "Hehehehe..."
-The Transformers, "Five Faces of Darkness, part 3"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TSN's right, people. If you're going to complain, at least wait until a few episodes have been shown before you pass judgement.

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
99.9% of the criticism seems to be swirling around "they'll muck up continuity" and yet we have absolutely no evidence yet that this will happen. It would seem everyone is pre-judging Braga, and yet he has no worse a record than anyone else for smashing apart major pieces of the Trek mythos than anybody else, Roddenberry included.

Might there have been more opportunities in the 24th century? Maybe. But if, as the suits clearly indicated, Series V was required to return to the fundamentals of TOS and TNG, then a 24th century show would be pretty boring. Are there possibilities for a 24th century series that abandons the ship-on-a-general-purpose-mission model? Certainly. But it won't fly in the current television climate.

And need I repeat why, IMO, a 25th-century-plus show would blow ass?

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

[This message has been edited by The_Tom (edited May 17, 2001).]

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For my entire saty here at Flare, I never could figure out what IMO means. Would someone answer my stupid question?

I'm neutral on this new series because they're using that Quantum Leap guy as the captain, the QP wasn't a bad show so... He would be almost a major star compared to the rest of the Trek. Also I'm crossing my fingers that this new Enterprise will have a DIFFERENT registry that's all. For the rest I really don't care if they meet the Klingons or fight the Borg in the second, it will only be a show. Unless they start producing it into a comedy or whatever then I'll stop watching.

------------------
The whole concept of Survivor is get your average Joe and put him/her on the show and see how they react. Afterwards even though they did not win they make money by appearing on shows. There is no point in having to win a million dollars! They will make that amount in 2 months after appearing on 100 different shows!

crobato
Ex-Member

He would already muck up continuity if he is to introduce Klingons on the 2120 AD and has Warp 4 capable ships this time.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps