Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Did anyone watch "The Crossing"

Author Topic: Did anyone watch "The Crossing"
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw parts of it. I was more interested in the radio on Wednesday. I listened to it last night, while sitting here surfing.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it, thought that the writing was a very poor and obvious ripoff of "The Lights of Zetar." It's possible to revisit old ideas without copying them wholesale...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday's Mariners game pushed the show forward an hour, and I was working and missed all but the last fifteen minutes. But, I mean, based on that, it looked to me like a great episode, if only for Phlox as action hero. Supergood. So, I mean, in my opinion, the episode ended well, at least. And the alien ship was cool.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it was just the three of us.

Phlox was the best thing about the ep, and was part of the high point:
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
My favorite part was Archer telling Phlox how to send CO2 throughout the ship.
Archer: "Take the panel off the wall"

Phlox: "I've got it, what do I do with it?"

Archer "Set it down out of your way."

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh...Damn....that soooo just spoiled the whole episode for me.... [Eek!]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Wisp In/ Wisp Out effect was pretty cool and I did like the part where Malcolm got possessed. They just showed his feet as he ran through the corridor, then he just suddenly stopped. That was a pretty good way to do that.

And of course, T'pol looked freaking stunning in her Pj's...

I still can't figure out what non-corporeal lifeforms would need with a ship... unless what they really wanted was to be corporeal again. That would explain things. My other question is... how did the wisp get into Trip again while he was in the Catwalk? Or are we just meant to believe that one of them somehow found a way in?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't remember clearly anymore, but I thought at the time that he was already "possessed" when they went up into the nacelle.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That could be. I'll have to go back and watch it again.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I still can't figure out what non-corporeal lifeforms would need with a ship... unless what they really wanted was to be corporeal again. That would explain things.

Perhaps it's not their ship, they could have "possessed" the crew and used it to explore normal space. When the crews' bodies died they could have been stuck with no way to physically maintain it...which makes you wonder how they even piloted it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Perhaps it's not their ship, they could have "possessed" the crew and used it to explore normal space. When the crews' bodies died they could have been stuck with no way to physically maintain it...which makes you wonder how they even piloted it.

Maybe one of them "possessed" the main computer, and so could pilot the ship but not maintain it, which would require a body.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he was possessed offscreen...because you could tell the whole time in the nacelle he was possessed before it was firmly established

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps