Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » [Possible $$$] ENT Season 3: The War on Terror? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: [Possible $$$] ENT Season 3: The War on Terror?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Possible spoilers for "The Expanse" and beyond]

Dunno if this has been discussed here yet, but it just occurred to me. The season finale, and what's been revealed of the next season of Enterprise, seems really close to home. Think about it: a huge catastrophe is suffered. Many lives are lost. We know who dunnit, and they're in a far off region full of danger and intrigue. A group of that power's finest is sent on a proactive mission to prevent something like that from happening again.

Familiar, no?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-04/15/11.30.tv

Hmm... Looks like there's going to be some crew reassignments on board. But what does this "extra muscle" mean? Human soldiers? Andorian shock troops? Tribbles?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for Andorians.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has potential for hilarity in this fashion [Smile]
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping Marines.

y'know... ground pound'n redshirts.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marines? Maybe... but they haven't even given us any REGULAR Redshirts yet? No one has yet to die on the NX-01 yet, right? (Daniels doesn't count, reallly.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daniels is like a cat...only 8 more till he is really dead...

I vote Vulcan Stormtroopers wearing those silly "Amok Time" helmets or the traditional white, for the first Star Wars/Trek crossover... [Wink]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like it has potential.I'm all for more of an ongoing storyline. However... I fear that this will disrupt the Temporal Cold War storyline. If it doesn't, and the TCW plot is altered to fit this new direction, then it means that the writers never had any firm idea about who's behind the TCW in the first place.

Also... does this mission save earth remind anyone else of the B5 spin off? What was it... Crusade?

I don't know... it could be good. How much you wanna bet that this "change" to T'pol involves her acting somewhat slutty and wearing a uniform that shows bare arms and her mid-drift?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vulcan Breast Ports

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't first rumours say the Klingons attacked Earth in "The Expanse"? In the latest TrekToday reports this has been changed into an "unknown alien probe"..? Something from the "Delphic Expanse" (which possibly is a bit like the Delta Triangle from TAS).

I'd like the alleged new crewmember to be at least of a known race. I mean, what fun is it to have yet another new alien? And an Andorian would be one of the likely choices. And they are one of the major 'friendly' aliens in ENT.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Midriff".
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes... my mistake.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as how, unlike many (most, if ratings are anything to go by, alas) viewers I was more or less happy with Enterprise, (Certainly with the premises of it.) I'm kind of wary about tossing in a whole new ongoing plot when we've already got two rather sizable ones going on already.

But, having said that, I wonder if this could have something to do with the aliens from "Silent Enemy." That would be neat.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a crew-member - they looked icky! [Smile] Like scary-yucky like! [Smile]

What I object to is adding ANOTHER character (I hope it's only going to be a recurring character like Garak or Rom or Nog.)

We don't get enough time with Mayweather or mmmm Hoshi as it is. And don't get me started about not enough time with Porthos.

AND one more bitch - why war? I want to get back to EXPLORING - this is TREK.

DS9 - went war - fair enough - they explored it legitamately.

Voyager went all explosions etc. and it didn't work.

In a time when war is on the TV 24/7 can we have something peaceful and inspiring for the future!?!

end rant! [Smile]

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Mmmm.... Time with Hoshi. That could be it's own show right there.

I'm all for some action... but it needs to have something to do with the ongoing stories already established. That's all I'll say. And I think it needs to have a point. In other words, they need to have an idea where this is going and how it's going to tie in with the rest of the series, and the other Trek series. I think that's the only way this will dramatically improve the show.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.