Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » [Possible $$$] ENT Season 3: The War on Terror? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: [Possible $$$] ENT Season 3: The War on Terror?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Hoshi Sato Fun Time Hour"

Starring Hoshi Sato
with special guests
Vulcan McBoob and Doctor "Ladies how long's my tounge" Phlox

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I read the first spoiler for "The Expanse", immediately 9/11 came to my mind. I only hope it won't develop to yet another endless fight against an invisible enemy.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TrekWeb article that hints at the hints that will be released in the TV Guide:

http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2003/05/01/1051807527.html

Notes of note:

-"Youse gonna blow us up in 400 years!"
-"Ship retrofitted for war"
-"photon torpedoes"
-"Xindi"
-"That expanse that turns you inside out"
-"New new meow meow"

Mark

[ May 01, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am disturbed.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Ship retrofitted for war"

Fuck yes! We needed this as much as England needs the Royalty!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David Beckham?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd hit it.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loath as I am to disagree with certain posters whose work I greatly admire, the idea of the ship being retrofitted to fight does not strike me as an intrinsically bad idea at all. I mean, weirdo scary aliens aside, there is a war with the Romulans coming up as well, or so we had kind of assumed, and with Enterprise being one of the few ships Earth has that can actually fight somewhere that isn't essentially in Earth orbit, it makes sense for the NX class to be placed right on the frontlines of that conflict or any other, whether the ships are ready for it or not.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and regarding the banner ad I got when I actually bothered to read the article: LeVar Burton AND Traci Lords? FINALLY.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the fuck...Xindi??? Can we say "3rd Season bring in a previously unheard of bad guy wannabe scenario" all over again??

Heh, well..."a mysterious probe from space will blast a swath of destruction across North and Central America, causing epic explosions and annihilating everything between Florida and Venezuela,"

I guess that is one way to finally get rid of Castro.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Er, also, now I am less pleased. It is like John Carpenter's Star Trek. Or, maybe, Star Trek: The Fog. Because of the skin-inversions, see. Or was that only in that episode of The Simpsons? Which I thought was a reference to The Fog. Adrienne Barbeau can guest star! Star Trek: Swamp Thing!
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Even Jolene Blalock's 'T'Pol', as a result of resigning from the Vulcan High Command, "will sport a new cat suit and hairdo next season."

Ugh....first, 3rd Season Dominion wannabes, now 3rd Season 7 of 9 clothing trends....now all they have to do is kill a main character and they have run the gamut.

"...a first for STAR TREK" indeed Mr. Berman...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dax also got a different Hair-do in Season 3 DS9 - luckily it didn't last. DS9 also were preparing for a war with a secret enemy - who made a pre-emptive strike on the Federation during the season ender of season 2.

DS9 also had it being outfitted for war.

*sigh*

Berman = Viacom Monkey
"Not seen in Trek Before/I'm exicted about the new directions in the new season" = retooled due to ratings/and or as a directive of the Viacom suits.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are the Xindi a name-drop that got mangled by the drop? We did have the Xendi in "The Battle", or at least the Xendi Sabu system with a "Xendi starbase" nearby. (I was half expecting yet another Kzinti tie-in here! If any species requires timeline alteration to fit into the Trek continuity, it's these felines...)

In a way, I'm relieved to hear that this kinda continues the Temporal Cold War thing, instead of truly attempting to create some sort of a new theme for the show. And if this only lasts for about 5-6 episodes, then perhaps not much damage will be done.

Timo Saloniemi

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And yet, we will all watch ENT. But, purely to analyze Berman's firsts and new directions! And T'Pol's 22nd century Vulcan fashion!

[ May 02, 2003, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Cartmaniac ]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps