Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » [Possible $$$] ENT Season 3: The War on Terror? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: [Possible $$$] ENT Season 3: The War on Terror?
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, the "Xindi" attack Earth because they found out about Earth attacking their planet in 400 years time, presumably because of the Temporal Cold War thing.

Does this mean that:
a) this has always been meant to happen, and they just never mentioned it before, or
b) this changes the timeline?

In other episodes, present people altering past events has always resulted in changes to the timeline, and we have never (to my knowledge) had the "me going back in time and doing something actually caused what I remember happening all along" thing.

This could be the beginning of the Big Star Trek Reset Button...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:

In other episodes, present people altering past events has always resulted in changes to the timeline, and we have never (to my knowledge) had the "me going back in time and doing something actually caused what I remember happening all along" thing.

We had something like that in "Parallex" and, er, that other VOY episode that was right next to it, where it turned out that responding to a distress call actually caused something to happen that resulted in time travel that resulted in Voyager going there. Or something. Both episodes made little sense, because neither of them had a way for a loop to get started. AND THEY WERE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER! Silly writers.

Actually, thinking about it, didn't "Return To Tomorrow" (or whatever that episode with Gary Seven was called) have this situation? The Enterprise went back in time, and it's events actually turned out to have been what happened all along, due to some very ropey checking by Spock.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:

We had something like that in "Parallex" and, er, that other VOY episode that was right next to it, where it turned out that responding to a distress call actually caused something to happen that resulted in time travel that resulted in Voyager going there. Or something. Both episodes made little sense, because neither of them had a way for a loop to get started. AND THEY WERE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER! Silly writers.

Actually, thinking about it, didn't "Return To Tomorrow" (or whatever that episode with Gary Seven was called) have this situation? The Enterprise went back in time, and it's events actually turned out to have been what happened all along, due to some very ropey checking by Spock.

I tend to avoid icky time travel episodes (especially Voyager ones), but it seems in this case that it could go either way...

I certainly think that a large chunk of America being obliterated is something that someone would have mentioned at some point.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I certainly think that a large chunk of America being obliterated is something that someone would have mentioned at some point.

Oh, not this again. How often do you mention specific natural disasters in your every day conversation? In all of Trek, they've mentioned the date of the fonding of the Federation barely once.

Or, if you don't agree, watch every episode of Cheers, and see how many times the Battle of Midway is mentioned. Or Hiroshima.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phoenix:
Or, if you don't agree, watch every episode of Cheers, and see how many times the Battle of Midway is mentioned. Or Hiroshima.

That'd be twice and four times respectively.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]

--------------------

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*shrug*
It certainly makes the Breen attack on Earth comparatively wimpy.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's going on here!?

Xindi == Kzinti? Ship retrofitted for war? T'Pol in a new catsuit with her hair down? What is all this? The mirror universe!?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

More like: T'Pol not a part of the High-Council anymore? What next she enters some sort of Vulcan... cocoon and emerges Half-Human!!

Then She'll fall in love with Archer... he'll be told not to go to Q'Onos by the Mysterious future guy! [Smile]

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:

That'd be twice and four times respectively. [/QB]
Cliff doesn't count.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hehe heheh. Well Woody wouldn't stop talking about Nuclear Physics!! [Smile]

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More hints...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The magazine says the roles will be cast "with star quality in mind," though no further details on the number of characters is revealed.
Oy...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even more hints...

-Lots of Klingon ships!
-Earth ships!
-Suliban and Future Guy!
-NX-02!
-NX-01: BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Future Guy!!

Sounds like they are going on the 'when all hell breaks out' theory for saving the series.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps